The Chocolate Boutique Hotel
West Cliff Inn(Bournemouth)
  • Breakfast included
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewschocolate pancakeschocolate fountainchocolate themefree chocolatetrufflechocolate buttonschocolate heavenhonesty barromantic packagewhite chocolatelove chocolatechocolate dropschocolate makingfull englishgreat chocolateincluding chocolatethemed hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here with friend and my 4 year old son. Stayed in the Trinitario. It had 2 single beds and a sofa bed. Technically you could have 3 friends staying here but you wouldn't want to do that! The room was fine for us but small once the bed was out! Also the twin beds are very narrow, my friend put the 2 together and I slept on the sofa bed with my son.

The tv has to be placed where it is on the wall and so you can only see it from the 2 beds and not the sofa. Fine for us.

The shower room is very small but adequate.

Our fan was broken but the owner came and helped and we had a good laugh with him. The owners and staff are just delightful really helpful and lovely.

Breakfast was excellent. Lots and lots on offer. Cooked, cereals, cakes, salmon and chocolate crepes.

Chocolate in the room each day.

Definitely not a hotel but a B & B but a really good one. Would definitely go back but not that room in Summer!

This place often has deals search widely on the Internet. I asked directly for a discount and they told me no for August but I found a discount on Expedia for this room only!! Very lucky! So do research.

Chocolate in the bar. We didn't use the bar but I did help myself to the truffles in there! They are really yummy!! Lots of chocolate buttons to eat on the way in and out of the place too!

Very clean and well decorated chocolate theme throughout. Not so much to be tacky and/or overpowering but just right.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Trinitario which is at the top and was very very very hot. You have to have the fan on which keeps you awake! See review for more on room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights in September.Breakfast is good and freshly cooked.Staff are friendly.
This is a listed building--no lift! Luckily we were on the first floor but this B&B is no use for anyone with mobility problems. The breakfast room is in the basement.It is all stairs!
We booked at the last minute,the only room available was Cortes,a twin room.This really should have been a single room,it was extremely small as was the bathroom-difficult to sit on the loo!
The mattresses needed replacing,very uncomfortable,hard and sunk in the middle. I had to ask for a duvet to lie on which made it a bit more comfortable.Very little drawer and hanging space,don't take many clothes!
In all this is expensive for a B&B,it is certainly not a hotel. On the positive side,if you like chocolate,there is lots and free.The hotel is situated in a nice quiet area of Westcliff.We had beautiful weather so enjoyed our holiday in spite of all the discomfort!

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room,hopefully a bit bigger than the one we had.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good clean room, quite spacious ( stayed in Aztec), is more of a bed and breakfast than a hotel, but still lovely. It is surrounded by a few other hotels, so was very noisy in the middle of the night, with passing people in the street, but not this hotels fault. I dont think would have paid the full rate ( we were there on a reduced rate), but enjoyed our stay. Being a Monday, their chocolate bar is only open on request, would have been great for it to have been open just for an hour or so, as a lot of the rooms were taken, i wanted to see the cocktail machine work,and felt i didnt want to disturb the staff to open only for me! Good location, within 10 minute walk from seaside, and few minutes walk from a great Italian restaurant they recommended to us. Also we had brought our own bottle of wine, so sat in the beautiful garden in the evening, was very relaxing. Breakfast good, although the coffee machine didnt make the cappuccino properly!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked a chocolate making class for a hen party this September. The area where we waited, the bar, was a lovely, clean environment with chocolate in dishes and a choice of 'choctails'.

The class itself was fantastic. The guy was really knowledgable and we had such a good time making the truffles. We got to take home 3 bags each which was really good value for money.

My only regret was not staying in the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of July and had a wonderfull stay.
We stayed in the Maya room. The Maya room was lovely nice big window, bed very comfortable and plenty of space. Nice en-suite bathroom towels where lovely and soft.
Room had tv, seating area, tea and coffee making facillities and delicious chocolates.
We paid the £69 for the romantic package which included chocolate fountain with strawberries and marshmallows, cava, chocolate heart and 2 cocktails and it was well worth it everything was delicious. Would recommend to anyone staying at the hotel to pay the extra you will not be disappointed.
The choice of breakfasts was excellent. I had the chocolate pancakes which where lovely and my boyfriend had the vegetarian cooked breakfast.
Would deffinatly recommend a trip to the bar, I had 2 chocolate cocktails Roos Revenge and Chocolate Dreams and they where the best cocktails that I have ever had.
You can also buy chocolates downstairs by the entrance to the breakfast room, lots to choose from, I got quite a few for myself and some for family, wish now that I had bought more!!!!
Staff where very friendly and helpfull, couldn't do enough for you. Receptionist very good.
The location of the hotel is good very close to the centre of Bournmouth and shops. We had a lovely evening meal at Lolitas Spanish Tapas would deffinatly recommend.
Will deffinatly return

Room Tip: The Maya room is lovely
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple