“lovely b and b”

Ranked #5 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Oxford, United Kingdom
“lovely b and b”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good clean room, quite spacious ( stayed in Aztec), is more of a bed and breakfast than a hotel, but still lovely. It is surrounded by a few other hotels, so was very noisy in the middle of the night, with passing people in the street, but not this hotels fault. I dont think would have paid the full rate ( we were there on a reduced rate), but enjoyed our stay. Being a Monday, their chocolate bar is only open on request, would have been great for it to have been open just for an hour or so, as a lot of the rooms were taken, i wanted to see the cocktail machine work,and felt i didnt want to disturb the staff to open only for me! Good location, within 10 minute walk from seaside, and few minutes walk from a great Italian restaurant they recommended to us. Also we had brought our own bottle of wine, so sat in the beautiful garden in the evening, was very relaxing. Breakfast good, although the coffee machine didnt make the cappuccino properly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We booked a chocolate making class for a hen party this September. The area where we waited, the bar, was a lovely, clean environment with chocolate in dishes and a choice of 'choctails'.

The class itself was fantastic. The guy was really knowledgable and we had such a good time making the truffles. We got to take home 3 bags each which was really good value for money.

My only regret was not staying in the hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights at the end of July and had a wonderfull stay.
We stayed in the Maya room. The Maya room was lovely nice big window, bed very comfortable and plenty of space. Nice en-suite bathroom towels where lovely and soft.
Room had tv, seating area, tea and coffee making facillities and delicious chocolates.
We paid the £69 for the romantic package which included chocolate fountain with strawberries and marshmallows, cava, chocolate heart and 2 cocktails and it was well worth it everything was delicious. Would recommend to anyone staying at the hotel to pay the extra you will not be disappointed.
The choice of breakfasts was excellent. I had the chocolate pancakes which where lovely and my boyfriend had the vegetarian cooked breakfast.
Would deffinatly recommend a trip to the bar, I had 2 chocolate cocktails Roos Revenge and Chocolate Dreams and they where the best cocktails that I have ever had.
You can also buy chocolates downstairs by the entrance to the breakfast room, lots to choose from, I got quite a few for myself and some for family, wish now that I had bought more!!!!
Staff where very friendly and helpfull, couldn't do enough for you. Receptionist very good.
The location of the hotel is good very close to the centre of Bournmouth and shops. We had a lovely evening meal at Lolitas Spanish Tapas would deffinatly recommend.
Will deffinatly return

Room Tip: The Maya room is lovely
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff were friendly, clean comfortable rooms all decorated to a high standard. Close to the town and beach. Would definitely stay here again. Chocolates in the rooms was a nice touch and there are also chocolate making classes available although we didn't do this. Nice choice of breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

On arrival the staff were very friendly indeed and very accommodating! Everything was clean and tidy, and the room was gorgeous! Double bed with a sofa and telly. Bathroom lovely and the shower was really nice too, which really makes a difference! Big fluffy towels and bath robes. In the morning we had breakfast delivered to our room, an extra charge applies but worth it. There is a smashing bar too, somewhere nice to relax in of an evening. Over all I really really enjoyed my stay. We also paid the extra £30 or what ever it was to have the chocolate fountain which was well worth it.
My only critisizm would be, that you pay a lot of money to stay in the chocolate hotel, and other then a few chocolates in the room and all the decor being brown with chocolate pictures on the wall, I wouldnt have felt I had had a chocolate experience so to speak, if it hadnt have been for the chocolate fountain which pf course cost extra. I really think one should came as standard with the room, because you pay enough as it is, it would have made a big difference.
Would I go again? Yes it was a lovely place, but not for the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2011
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Just stayed here for just one night. The name says it all. I found this hotel to be very modern and comfortable. Yes there is chocolate for you to try in the rooms which was so nice i bought more to take home. The rooms do have a chocolate fill, and the room was very clean and well accquiped.The breakfast is one of the best I've had in a long time. I will be returning to this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Everything went smoothly from start to finish. I had a single room but everything was perfectly adequate.
The receptionist on arrival was helpful giving advice on where to eat in the evening and when my O2 network was down and mobile not working the owners wife couldn't have been more helpful.
Didn't use the bar so couldn't comment.
Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast freshly cooked was excellent.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business