“Huge Improvement” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Coffee Club

The Coffee Club
Ranked #2 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Bournemouth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Huge Improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I wrote two years a scathing review concerning the service in The Coffee Club, which did little to stop me frequenting the restaurant with my friends and dining there.
I'm delighted to report the service is now second to none, and the high standard of the food is is just as good. In the matter of value for money, it is hard to beat!

• Visited January 2013
Thank Reverend Richar... d

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Average, could easily be better....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Been here quite a few times, the mother in law loves this place and seems to only ever go here! I would say the food is comparable to upper class wetherspoons! But, it could be much much better. Improvements in the service and a reduction in the ridiculously huge menu would really improve the quality and feel of the place. They don't seem to specialise in anything and there is never room for dessert as the portions are too big. On the plus side, the Dali artwork on the walls is great and the atmosphere is usually good. Note to the owners: please read this review and take note, you will make more money and your restaurant will soon go up the ranks! Happy to provide some free consultancy sessions!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank graham w
York, United Kingdom
“Westbourne Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I visited this restaurant one Friday night with my Mum and Dad after walking past numerous times whilst on holiday in Bournemouth. We read the menu on Friday afternoon and decided to turn up on the 'off chance' later the same evening.

We turned up about 7pm to an already very busy restaurant, luckily we were given the last remaining table. The Mediterranean feel to the restaurant was amplified by the beautiful mural which filled the entire room - the artwork of Salvador Dali covered the walls by a talented local artist (being an artist myself I found this very appealing!)

The restaurant is dubbed Mediterranean and has a distinct European feel with a choice of food from pastas and steak to stir fries and fresh daily specials - something for everyone. After perusing the menu again we decided the give the starters a miss (purely because we were making a conscious effort to save room for a dessert). My Dadopted for the daily special Sirloin Steak in garlic butter with chips and stir fry vegetables, my Mum went for the Chargrilled Salmon Fillet also with chips and stir fry vegetables. I chose the Oriental Stir Fry with chicken fillet strips.
All our meals were full of flavour and the portion was plenty. As my Dad is a bit of a steak connoisseur, I was slightly worried he would criticize his meal somewhat - quite the contrary! He gave his meal a rave review as we walked back to our hotel! My Mum loved the fusion of the salmon with the stir fry vegetables and my stir fry with chicken was delicious - flavours of hoisin came through with the taste of the crunchy fresh veg and the tender taste of chicken - fantastic! We did wait slightly longer than normal for our main course but understandable as the staff were very busy and once our meals arrived it was certainly worth the wait.

Unfortunately we were so full from the main course we didn't order a dessert. The numerous cheesecakes, cakes and other treats were on display near the bar area - they all looked mouth watering. 3 regular lattes were ordered instead which was the perfect ending to our meal.

Sadly we didn't have time to visit this restaurant again before we headed home but I would definitely visit again and sample the full 4 courses next time!

Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, making conversation with us about our holiday etc. which was nice.

• Visited August 2012
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“You will not be disappointed!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

First time we have used this restaurant in Westbourne and we were not disappointed.

Ordered the Bacon & egg Ciabatta's which was on the breakfast menu that was served till noon. Also ordered 2 large flat whites.

The coffees came after a few minutes. This is the first time in Bournemouth that a restaurant has known what a flat white is. The Bacon & egg ciabatta's came in around 10 minutes which was pretty good considering that the restaurant was fairly full at the time. They were delicious, 2 large pieces of grilled back bacon and 2 perfectly cooked runny fried eggs.

The waiteress was attentative and service with a smile. Not seen very oftern I am afraid.

Well done !!!!

PS The rest of the menu looked inviting also with Special Lunches, Mediterranean cuisene and also the oriental & Thai meals that are served in the evenings. Must give it a try one evening.

• Visited December 2012
Poole, United Kingdom
“Oh dear......”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Phoned to book a table and were told the 6.30 table would have to be clear for the next customers by 8pm. We were then offered the 9pm slot. At 8.35 we received a phone call to say people were still at our table and it wouldnt be available until at least 9.30pm!!!! SHODDY CUSTOMER SERVICE is putting it very mildly. I was visiting my daughter who lives very near the Coffee Club and it ruined out planned saturday evening totally. I dont recommend this business at all. The food might be wonderful but not if they suddenly cancel your booking so late!!!

• Visited December 2012