“Grandson Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harry Ramsden's

Harry Ramsden's
Ranked #84 of 736 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Harry Ramsden's serve the same great quality fish and chips today that they have been since 1928. The brand was established 80 years ago, when Harry Ramsden opened his first takeaway store in a hut in Guiseley. His top-quality fish and chips brought people from near and far and it wasn't long before Harry's became the most famous fish and chip shop brand in the world. The fish is freshly prepared in Harry's kitchens daily and has that distinctive flavour revered the world over. The menu includes the world-famous battered fish with its closely guarded secret recipe, as well as an extensive choice of mouth-watering options and a fantastic children's menu, to satisfy all the family. There are 8 Harry's restaurants across the United Kingdom, from seaside locations such as Blackpool and Bournemouth to city centre restaurants in Southampton and Glasgow, so you're never far from a Harry's.
Tala, Cyprus
“Grandson Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Managed to be in Bournemouth on one of the few recent sunny days, was walking my 1 year old greandson along the beach when I spotted Harry Ramsdens and felt a bit peckish, I was a bit reluctant as it was only me and my grandson and my first solo outing with him but the staff made me feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We both shared fish and chips and my grandson woofed back my fish.
Good food and family friendly!!

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to Harry Ramsden's on 4 May. The place was very busy and they had even opened the outside terrace area. We waited in a queue for about 10 mins and were then taken through to our table. I did feel that there was not enough staff on duty for the amount of people wanting to be served. However our waitress was brilliant "Marta". She was very proffessional and took our drink orders quite quickly. We waited about 15 minutes for our drinks and then had our food order taken. We unfortunately had to wait another 45 minutes for our food to arrive. However having said this the food was fantastic and the five of us cleared our plates. Marta new that our service had been unavoidably long and without us saying anything she took the price of three beers off our bill. I would recommend Harry Ramsden's but would say that if it is busy you should maybe try somewhere else. By 1530 the place was half full and the mad food panick which I beleive had caught them out, was now over, and the service was much quicker. Give it a go......

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Travellerclass
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are from America and stopped in Bournemouth for a night after visiting London. Bournemouth was a wonderful escape from the big city and our waitress, Sam, made us feel right at home. The fish and chips were also delightful. Recommend!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank kk175408
Southampton
“Lunch Time by the sea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Last Saturday my boss and myself attended Nursery World at the Bic, saw Harry Ramsdens right on the sea front and decided that would be the place to lunch, the staff are great very chatty and nothing was too much trouble,our waitress was brilliant we were inside to start but it was a bit warm so we asked her could we move outside which she did with no hassle the food was great, i had the veggie burger and chips it was very tasty. Would go again.

• Visited April 2013
Poole,Dorset,UK
“Ok but looking rather tired, service was good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a reasonable fish and chip meal here. Fish was nice but chips were not good, quite dry and hard. Our waitress was very cheerful and attentive. Restaurant perfectly satisfactory but certainly nothing special compared to other fish and chip restaurants in the area. We were going to get a takeaway but the queue was not moving at all quickly and not many staff on there. All in all, quite ok but don't expect to get excited. Great location though overlooking sea and Bournemouth Pier

Visited May 2013