“Very comfortable property”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of 3 The Copse

3 The Copse - Reading
3 The Copse - Robes
3 The Copse - Double
3 The Copse - Double
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
susanpr0u...
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Neighbors have had enough of a Holiday home next door”
Reviewed July 28, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My landlord did not refund my security deposit. He is very aggressive. I have videos of how I left the rental. It was in perfect condition. He literally had one glass to wash and sheets to change before his next guest could arrive. There were no damages. He refused to offer any explanations why he did not return my deposit. Only that we were "the family from hell." It is not fair for him to keep it just because he doesn't like me.

The neighbor was very aggressive with me the night before we left yelling at me for parking in his spot. He was very intimidating. The neighbor made the situation volatile. We parked in his spot for 3 hours and were in the process of moving the vehicle when he verbally attacked me. He told the landlord we were all drunk and verbally abusive. I do not drink, my 10 year old does not drink my 16 and 18 year old had not been drinking. He completely misrepresented the events to the landlord. The landlord told me the cops called him at 8:30 a.m to complain about noise. They did not. I will not let him or the neighbor continue to lie and slander my name.

We were so careful not to make any noise. We had all of the windows shut the night before we left. With warm weather and no A/C we were not comfortable but we endured this to try not to bother the neighbors. We also spent every day and night away from the house for the entire week to prevent noise. How could we be the "family from hell,' if we were not even there?

There is no sound system and we could not have had that much of a volume of noise with just a few people singing and all the doors and windows shut. It was my husband’s 50th birthday and my brother came by for some pie-3 additional people!

I also had and allergic reaction to the bedding sheets. I asked him if there were alternative bedding. He said he would get back to me. I slept under my scarf and wrapped my pillow with my other scarf. He brought nothing. My husband slept under a spare blanket with no sheets.

I have used VRBO and Homeaway for years. I have booked 3 in the last year. I have never had this reaction or experience. It is one I would like not to repeat. The landlord is passively aggressive right from the start. There is no way this property should be a rental with neighbors like that. The neighbors are truly upset with a holiday home next to them.

I am sure that he will respond in a very aggressive manner as that is his only way of communicating.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
MarianOve...
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Very comfortable property”
Reviewed May 28, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We've stayed here a couple of times and love this place, quality property, Tuckton is a lovely little village and Christchurch is wonderful, Captain's Club Hotel, river cruises, river walks and Bournemouth not far away.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed November 11, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Plenty of crockery and glassware in the kitchen, very clean.
Liked least: Design of the house - too much glass and vertical blinds
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Laura A
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful family break”
Reviewed October 21, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We will definitely book to come back here. It's a lovely house. Very modern and clean, comfortable beds and great for families. It is also a very good location as you are 10min drive into Bournemouth and not far from Poole or sandbanks. Thank you for a lovely holiday!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
alimcp
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Nice but....”
Reviewed April 19, 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Overall the property is very lovely, it's brand new as is all of the furniture so obviously there are no issues there!
On the downside, there was no internet but this was communicated prior to arrival to be fair. The parking situation is far from ideal - a 9 home development with 9 parking spaces. Groups of people in more than one car beware as the development residents get really quite upset if you park in the wrong spot! Other cars (we had 2 cars for 2 couples) have to park down the street which was annoying.
The house is very very hot since the front is very glass heavy which made sleep very uncomfortable.
The last thing which is really the only reason we wouldn't come back is the situation with breakages. We didn't break anything so this didn't cause us issues but the book of fees made us feel like we were booked into a museum. The book says how they understand breakages do happen etc...then leave a price list to replace things! A teaspoon was £1.18 each (!), it was all a bit much. I grew up in a hotel for 23 years and things do break that's part of business. At the end of a season i'd expect to go to ikea to buy a few little replacements (funnily enough the glasses were only 86p making the teaspoon costs a bit daft). It seems the owners don't expect this and don't really expect to do a great deal of cleaning or empty the bins after a stay (all of which incur a charge for non compliance).

Overall a nice place - but do not bring children. You will spend the entire time panicking that they'll leave a mark or break something and you end up having to leave cash on the kitchen top! It was all a bit too formal for us and for the price of it next time we'd just book a few rooms at a hotel and not spend our time away worrying.

Management Response
Apr 25, 2015
Thank you for your review.
All positive and negative points are always welcome as we do act upon criticisms and good ideas when offered.
You mention that the internet provision has not yet been enabled by BT; as you point out you were informed of this in advance.
You were also advised that there is only one reserved parking space at this property and that there is plenty of on road parking both to the front and the rear of the development for more vehicles. If you chose to ignore this and park in other residents parking spaces you should not be surprised to be faced with angry resident’s protests. This is applies to all shared parking facilities in apartments and private estates like ours; no doubt you would also be upset if someone parked in your only parking space when you returned home. All our on-line advertising, including that on HomeAway through whom you booked, clearly shows the parking facilities available at this house in Tuckton.
The house is south-west facing and benefits from sunshine from noon to sundown; the bedrooms have full-height glazing including windows and full patio doors that open onto the private balcony.
You mention that you were raised in a hotel for 23-years; you are not comparing like with like. Self-catering accommodation is nothing like a hotel; the facilities and service functions are entirely different. In the UK it is standard practice to ask guests to empty bins and take away their unused food when they leave, and to also pay for damage and breakages. We have been providing 4-star self-catering accommodation in Bournemouth for over 6-years and have had hundreds of very happy guests stay with us, we apply the same standards and procedures to all our properties and this new house is no different. In fact we have never had to ask a guest for extra payments from their security deposits; you were no different. We accept that accidents do happen and that is why we didn’t mention the stains on the carpet in the lounge and the burn ring on the dining table, your security deposit was returned in-full on-time.
Perhaps you would be kind enough to return the babies blanket you took by mistake when you left.
Again, thank you for your comment and do enjoy your future breaks in accommodation more suited to your needs.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing