“Very good fish n chips”
Review of Chez Fred

Chez Fred
Ranked #13 of 807 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: Now fully re open following major refurbishment.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Chez Fre is an institution in Bournemouth. I ofte take visiting friends here.
The Fish is fresh, the batter is perfect and the chips are crunchy.
The service is good and there are some nice little touches (complimentary water, "unlimited" chips). Puddings are homemade and very tasty.
I gave it only 4 stars because given the prices (10-15 GBP per head) the waiters could be more attentive and professional

Write a ReviewReviews (1,606)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

we eat here for lunch 4 / 5 times a year & the standard is always high.The lunchtime special is especially good with nice white fish , crisp chips a hot crunchy roll & as many cups of tea as you want.. all for a modest price. Staff are great .

Reviewed December 11, 2012

For many years this had been my favourite fish and chip restaurant. Quick polite service with freshly cooked food, in cluding extra chips if you can manage them. I have never been disappointed at Chez Fred.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We frequently eat in the restaurant at Chez Fred. Even on a cold winter's night we had to wait for a table this Friday. The service is quick and the food really is excellent. We both had the spit roast chicken for a change - delicious. I can't believe people have had problems with staff attitude - the lad who served us last night could not have been more polite or helpful.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

First visit here but won't be the last. My husband had one of the catch of the day from Brixham, simply superb. I had Haddock, lovely fresh fish, perfectly cooked. Very good value for money, will be back.

1  Thank Jessamies