“Amazing food ”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Well what can I say?
The food is lovely!! The chef is very accommodating to any dietary needs. The staff are very friendly and bubbly!!
Lovely little restaurant would highly recommend this place.

1  Thank bucko82

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Spent a brilliant evening at this wonderful restaurant. Food was excellent from an extensive menu that catered for all taste. First class service from very attentive staff and the portions were excellent. Food was cooked to perfection and mouth watering and for the quality was excellently priced. Excellent wine list as well.

Definitely recommend this restaurant to Family and Friends and will be returning again.

1  Thank Patroy40
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have visited Bates a few times and never been disappointed, it is one of the best restaurants in Bournemouth. Lovely, relaxed atmosphere, great service and AMAZING food!! I would definitely recommend it :-)

2  Thank Mel N
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is the 2nd time I have dined here and both occasions there was a big party of us. On both occasions the service has been 1st class, the staff are very friendly and extremely efficient. There is a good choice of menu, something for all types of palette. The food was mouthwatering & cooked to perfection and considering there were so many of us I was pleasantly surprised that the meals were all served at the same time. Excellent value for money. Will most definitely be returning

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Was unsure whether to give this a four or five star rating but I couldn't think of anything wrong so decided on the five star. Nice little place in Charminster. Pretty popular as it was full when me and my friend went. Evening special menu which is a starter and main for £17.95 which I thought was good value considering I had a 10oz steak for my main. The best bit for me though was the desserts. This is sold as a family run restaurant and the desserts are home made (which are always the best in my opinion). Couldn't decide between the banoffee pie and cherry cheesecake so the waitress said I could have a smaller slice of both...winner. Both were lovely. Would definitely recommend this place for a place to eat with friends or family. Expect I'll be going back!

3  Thank Haddz