TripAdvisor
Bournemouth
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sea view refurbished room traditional seaside hotel car park beach and town centre full english breakfast international centre breakfast was excellent a stones throw local amenities excellent location lovely hotel communal areas cooked breakfast short break family room evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2019

I had the opportunity of staying here for 4 nights, and after reading the mixed reviews I can say I wasn’t disappointed. I booked through an external website but within minutes I had a personal email from the property confirming they’d received my booking and stating I was in one of their newly refurbished rooms.
On arrival I was met by a pleasant lady on reception, all the booking paperwork was ready and waiting, and I was given a tour of the facilities including the breakfast room, the bar and the conservatory with a nice seating area with a sea view.
Room was pleasant and clean, with a double bed, stand alone wardrobe, nice dressing table, separate arm chair and en-suite bathroom with a huge shower.
The hotel is on a hill so beware there are some big hills to climb on return to the hotel, but if you go into town get the number 50 bus two stops which drops you at the road the hotel is in.
Breakfast was good with buffet cereals and fruits, then you can order what hot breakfast you would like. The full English is very good.
Easy to walk into town, plus beach is accessed by a set of steps, or the cliff railway further up.
Great Harvester down on the beach about a 15 minute walk, there is also an Indian and Thai restaurant within walking distance.
Overall, an enjoyable stay, with staff really trying to ensure you have a comfortable stay.

Room tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019

We had a sea view which was nice but the room was, unfortunately, one of the older ones awaiting refurbishment so for this reason alone I give it 4 stars as it didnt feel value for money (old decor, old furniture, showerhead bath taps so no way to hold the showerhead and wash your hair with both hands).
However the location was a few minutes walk to the beach and a few minutes walk to the town centre which was perfect. Plus the reception staff were friendly and helpful and tried to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
I would go again if I was assured of a modern room and ensuite. Good luck to the owners who I understand are on a mission to upgrade all of the bedrooms over the next few years.

Room tip: Call to check the room which will be allocated to you before booking.
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my wife,just returned from a stay at The Balmoral this weekend(28th July).Even though I made a mistake with the booking,Karen our receptionist was very patient and corrected my mistake.She also helped us with the local area,very friendly.
The location was brilliant,atop a small hill,200 yds from the amazing beach in Bournemouth and also not far from all the local amenities.
The room had a view to die for,fantastic.It was also large andtge bed was very comfortable.
We will definitely be going back,jad a brilliant stay.Thankyou,especially to Karen,a lovely lady.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jboy3161
Reviewed July 27, 2019

Stayed for two nights, our room was lovely (room 30), great size room, big bathroom, great views and we both slept very comfortably.
All the staff we encountered at the hotel were friendly and chatted to us. It was nice sitting out on the balcony having a drink and watching the world go by.
Breakfast is cooked fresh for you and is great quality- highly recommend
The hotel is in a great position for the beach and just a short walk to the gardens/town.
I look forward to returning soon!

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed July 8, 2019 via mobile

I came here for a couple of days. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room was clean & comfortable. There were 2 lovely lounges for guests to enjoy overlooking the sea. The breakfast was delicious too. The only slight criticism was having to leave your room key every time you left the building. Sometime you just wanted to go straight to your room after a day out or wanted to leave somewhere but had to buzz someone & wait to hand over/collect your key. Would stay here again if I was in the area although I'd make sure I was fitter as the hotel is at the top of a steep hill.

Date of stay: April 2019