“Short break in Bournemouth”
Review of Shirley Hotel

Shirley Hotel
Ranked #57 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back from an enjoyable 2 nights stay at the Shirley Hotel. As others have said the hotel is spotless, bed very comfy and breakfasts were very good, we had the full English on both days. The hotel positioned very close to both the sea front five minutes and town centre ten minutes.
The hosts were very helpful and friendly throughout our stay and we would recommend the Shirley to others who are looking to stay in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveEastSussex

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Lovely hotel, Jorge and Isabel made you feel very welcome. The rooms are comortable and warm, also very clean, the location excellent, 5 mins to the sea and 5mins to the shops. close to plenty of places to eat and drink, there are parking spaces although not enough if the hotel is full, but there is free parking on the road,we spent 3 nights here and really enjoyed the stay def go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LAH56
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed for four nights whilst visiting my daughter at university in Bournemouth. I also took with me my two dogs both small terriers and they were made very welcome too! Jorges and his dog Bobby showed us the local dog walking area and park, nothing was too much trouble.The room was very clean, towels changed daily, tea and coffee replaced when needed. The hotel has a very modern bright decor and the breakfast is superb! You have many options cereal, fresh fruit, yogurt continental and full English, and if you just want poached eggs or boiled with toast no problem! also fruit juice and tea. There is parking at the rear of the building.I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise of people passing.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here for a night before an interview and I was very impressed. The building is a Victorian house but with gorgeous modern decor and all of the essentials for a very comfortable stay. Less than 5 mins from the seafront and town centre. Owner was helpful. The only negative thing I would say against this place, is that I could hear the front door open and close and voices in the hallway, but my room was on the bottom floor and this did not happen late at night.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've been returning to Shirley Hotel for 3 weeks now. Living in London and having to work in Bournemouth often I've been staying in many hotels on the west cliff and this place is my favorite!

Rooms are simple and spotless clean (cleaned daily, and no dusty carpets!), breakfast is tasty and filling, and the lovely owners are absolute joy. Hospitality at its best, and most importantly, great value!

I warmly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

just had a couple of nights at the shirley.
friendly welcome from jorges and his dog.
breakfast was nice , we had full english but there was plenty of healthier choices if you wanted.

room was lovely and clean with modern decor and nice big comfortable bed.

hard to fault really, the owner is very helpful and even stood with us outside the hotel whilst we waited for our taxi to the station.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reading the other previous reviews my boyfriend and I expected a bit more quality than what we received, the walls were paper thin and the room was freezing cold. Were not fussy but it was very poor in comparison to what people had said. The breakfast was stone cold and just about put the icing on the cake. We don't believe the money was worth it and I'd think again if your looking at staying here! Although owner seemed friendly and welcoming we wouldn't return here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple