“I always stay here when I'm in Bournemouth”

The Claremont Hotel
Ranked #91 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Colchester, United Kingdom
“I always stay here when I'm in Bournemouth”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

And for several reasons, mainly the warm welcome by Adam and by the previous owners. I love this hotel. The rooms are clean, the price is right, it is so close to everything. I can't wait to go back. The owners always seem to remember me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Andrew TA B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have just arrived home from my third visit to this hotel, once again I was made very welcome and received excellent service. I had a budget double room on this visit and it was more than suitable for my needs. My room was made up every day and fresh towels were provided on a daily basis. I pre-ordered my breakfast the day before due to my early start requirements and it was no trouble to them at all. Once again loved my stay at The Claremont Hotel and would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. (and the fact that it is minutes from an amazing view of Bournemouth's stunning beach is just an added bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank citylass17
saarfen-d'on-sea
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Back again at the Claremont for another short business trip. The usual genuinely warm welcome from Adam who this time helped me sort out the puncture I'd acquired on my drive down (thanks again Adam!). Everything otherwise as on my previous stays - good cooked breakfast, lots of tea/coffee in the room, free Wi-Fi (though the signal was a bit intermittent in Room 1) and parking. The room, as always was spotlessly clean and properly serviced each day. Still my no.1 choice for budget accommodation in Bournemouth.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This bed & breakfast hotel is located a few minutes from the sea front and 10 minutes walk from the bars of the Triangle; it has its own parking spaces. Our twin, en-suite room was spacious and scrupulously clean and had plenty of storage space. The room was in the eves of the building and you do have to be careful of the very low ceiling at one end.

The cooked breakfast was tasty and used good quality ingredients, so I was surprised to find the hotel uses instant coffee at breakfast, rather than fresh.

We were part of a group of four and there was a shortage of hot water at times, seemingly when a lot of people chose to shower at roughly the same time. It is very rare for a hotel or bed & breakfast to run out of hot water (unless there’s a break down). I think this is an issue that needs to be put right for good (I note it has been mentioned in earlier reviews), for the comfort of guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Playa Blanca, Spain
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at The Troy for the third time for 2 nights in March. I have stayed in many hotels in Bournemouth, and although this one is less grand than many, I find it suits my needs very well. My single room was very small, but it was very well equipped - it felt like it had been very well thought out, with extras such as a make up mirror in the bathroom and lots of electric points. Reception staff were really friendly and helpful. The hotel is 10 minutes walk down to Bourenmouth town centre (uphill all the way back). Breakfast has a limited menu and is only served for one hour, but the English breakfast is large and very tasty, and great that it was included in the rate. Having free wifi as well was a real bonus. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hampshire
Reviewed March 12, 2013

For a budget hotel the Claremont couldn't be faulted. The reception was welcoming, efficient and helpfull. Location was good with only 10 minute walk into Bournemouth City Centre or 5 minutes to the coastal cliff walk.
Brekafast was very good and with the offer of more if needed for people with larger appetites. Staff were also very good and although eastern european knew sufficient English to cope with any requests. Would have no hesitation with stopping here again if I visit Bournemouth.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple