“Very pleasant”

Ranked #125 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Czech Rpublic
“Very pleasant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I liked the hotel very much, the staff was helpful, breakfasts were delicious, the room was clean and comfortable. The location of the hotel is ideal, about 10 minutes from the beach. The street is not busy so the place is quiet at night. I´ve been there for the second time and I believe I´ll come back again.

Room Tip: Premier room is wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank kaspinka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

After many years of having an excellent holiday at the Glendevon I was most dissapointed and shocked to see how much it had changed. When I made the reservation it would of been nice to have been told the hotel had been changed into a student hostel especially when I took a friend with me telling them how great it was. First of all the bar was closed and there was no entertainment in the evening something us oldies look forward to. The food was OK but no choice so if you didnt like what was on offer hard cheese.The staff were helpful but it always difficult dealing with forign staff as there were no management available.The bed room was in need of decoration but was comfortable hot water a problem none exsistant in the evening.Very noisey through the night typical behaverer of students enjoying themselves.Such a shame we will never use this hotel again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Me and a colleague stayed here in June 2012 for one night and believe me that was one night to long.
When we arrived reception was closed we was met by a man who gave us our keys we asked about Internet but he said its just gone down today but by the looks of it that's an excuse he's been using for a long time!
There was no bar or any thing the place was left to run by its self !
We both had a single room each they were both small' dirty and stained walls and in desperate need of renovating and decoration ! the furniture was all worn and bits missing. The owners av just said that will do and tried to fob it off as an hotel under no circumstances is this an hotel.I have since passed on a report and photos to the appropriate people as this place should be investigated.
I have a few photos if any one wants to see them .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

Booked a room for one night over the weekend and ended up leaving at 10 PM to find another place to stay. Visit started out promising with very friendly staff who made sure I had a room with a bath and not just a shower. Very small cupboard of a room. Decor, furnishings, and even the linens were very old. The room was clean but smelled strongly of disinfectant. However, the advertised wifi was not working, and when I returned to the hotel at 8 PM there was no hot water. Waited for over an hour for the tank to refill, with still no water. (Had to be up and out by 5:30 next morning) Ended up leaving to find another hotel and received a refund with instructions to never come back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Having stayed there over the Jubillee weekend (complete with terrible weather!), the hotel was on the whole very good, with a lovely big modern bathroom (although only one sachet of shower gel was supplioed for two of us for two days), a very large bedroom, (which could have done with a decorate), but the Polish lady on reception was also our waitress at breakfast and was very efficient and friendly. Parking outside the hotel was almost non-existent, but there was plentiful parking available to the hotel customers at a hotel over the road (which would be fine for most people, but not for me, who is disabled and has difficulty walking). A disabled parking space would have been useful.

All in all a reasonably good hotel at a fair price, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

What can I say? It was epic. The best hotel ever. I have never written a review but you, guys, deserve it.
Everything was great, amazing staff, super bedrooms, bar open 24 hours.
If I travel to UK again I will come back.
Thanks again.

Room Tip: jus go there
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Orpington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have just got back from a long weekend stay at the Glendevon of which I was one of a party of over 50 people. Our group was mainly made up of OAP's and I have to say that the manager Richard and staff could not do enough for us.They were on hand from early till whenever! The room I shared with a friend was very clean and bright, the beds were very comfortable with very white clean crisp sheets. The food was excellent with breakfast having so many choices the full english was delicous!! Our entertainment every evening was fautless even our own 'Luscious'. The hotel is also in a great position near the beach and town. Thank you all at the Glendevon I will return good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on first floor are great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends