Tudor Grange
  • Beachfront
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Celebrity(Bournemouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeautiful tudorfour poster bedbeautiful hotelbeautiful roomtown centreshort walkbreakfast is servedbooked roomsfull englishhash brownstea and coffee making facilitiesenglish breakfastweekend breakone night staythe ground floorsea frontenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Having stayed in various hotels, I would expect a much better level of service. After having travelled some distance, expecting some sort of food is not uncommon, however, even though its a hotel, they do not offer food and the bar is not manned and will close at about 8pm. It would be more fitting to be classed as a b & b because it offers the same level of service. The room was neither modern or in fitting with the building and although the bed was comfortable, the room felt a little lacklustre. The bathroom in my room (room 6) was a little small and did not offer a bath. Every little noise made in the hotel could be heard and even with the windows more or less closed, the traffic from the main road was clearly audible. The breakfast was ok. They offered a full English breakfast, however, they did not have black pudding. I ordered toast and it came as if it had not seen the toaster. When I asked if I could have it browned I was responded with "sorry, that's how I like it" from the so obvious student filling in his time. The toast returned better done. When I was leaving, I got asked to pay a bar bill which I had not ran up which was disappointing. I would probably not go back again.

Stayed: September 2013
TGH_Charles, Manager at Tudor Grange, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

The Tudor Grange Hotel is situated on a quiet, tree lined avenue in short walking distance to a world of cuisine, Bournemouth sea front and town center. Should guests decide to dine in, we offer cutlery and crockery for their chosen meal.
Room 6 is a gorgeous standard double room over looking the secluded gardens of the Tudor Grange. The bathroom with shower was fitted in January 2012 and the room is decorated in a fresh, country house style with oak sleigh bed, leather sofa and flat screen television.
Cooked breakfast is waiter served to order with a help-yourself buffet of cereals, fruits, yoghurt and fruit juices.
I am glad the confusion with the bar bill was rectified quickly, apologies for this all the same.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having recently discovered Trip Advisor I thought I'd add this one.....my brother was married here in September 2008. Very nice venue it was too (ignore the Oct 2012 date, it was the oldest date on the list)!

The staff were very helpful, always available, even allowing us to have a huge Chinese meal in the dining room and providing all the crockery and cutlery for this, and helping clearing the pots and tubs up after.

We didn't stay here on this occasion as the hotel was booked up, but we did at a later date, and found it to be as pleasant as we'd been promised by family who had. Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve T
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My mum and i were visiting family in Ringwood and decided to stay overnight in Bournemouth. Booked Tudor Grange and so glad we did. Cannot fault a single thing.. Hotel was spotless, garden a pleasure to sit in and room was superb. Bed linen was crisp and clean, shower room immaculate, just perfect. Staff were really helpful and friendly. The hotel is in the best location, close to everything, but not too close. Would recommend to everyone, I certainly intend to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Debbilly58
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A last minute booking through hotels.com and we were delighted with this hotel .. Quaint building ... Lovely quirky room, very clean. We were in room 12 .. Only criticism I'd make is the shower door is not very wide so a bit of a squeeze ... Other than that squeaky clean, great breakfast .. Would return

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank notnic
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Bournemouth is full of Hotels & Bed & Breakfasts and we have stayed in several. This hotel however ticked all the boxes for us. It is a magnificent Olde Worlde building with some very quirky rooms. We only saw one bedroom and this was room 3. This room I would have thought was one of the smallest room in the hotel?. It is very narrow but long. The bed sits at one end and you have approx 18" either side of it to get by. Some people may find this room to narrow as a previous review would suggest. This however was not a problem to us as we only stayed here one night and just thought the whole experience was magical. The decor is good and the rooms clean and tidy. The hotel would appear to have no back garden but the front area is magnificent as you can see from the hotel picture. Our room had a brilliant view into the garden of next door and the owner there has really worked tirelessly to produce a garden which we inadvertently benefited from. I only wish mine looked half as good, I have never seen grass so green. Anyway back to the Tudor Grange, the hotel staff were excellent and very helpful. We had a look around all the rooms downstairs and these were very impressive. You can imagine some very fine weddings being had here. We went out in the evening down to Bournemouth and when we returned we found the bar closed at 2000. Not sure if this is the normal time of closure. The breakfast here was lovely and plenty of it. The check out was quick and efficient. The hotel has its own off road private parking which is also beneficial. The walk from the hotel to Bournemouth pier is only about 20 mins so you are not far away from anything. We would highly recommend this place and would certainly make this hotel our return first choice when we return. We would however book direct with the hotel and would most probably pay the extra and try and get the room at the front with the balcony which looked over the front garden and the lodge room, which is also part of the hotel and situated at the end of the front garden. Good luck with this hotel, you should love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room size when booking. Some other Tripadvisors have commented that there room was very spacious! Room 3 was not spacious and would not suit all people.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple