“Serious h&s issues, unclean, damp, etc. Stay away.”
Review of The Croham Hotel

The Croham Hotel
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Booked via laterooms for a 'delux' large room. Arrived 'on-site'! to be greeted with dust sheets, loose wires, and a damp, old dirty room.
Made our complaints known, which were completely ignored.
As it was two days before my weding we left and booked into another hotel.

I was charged unfairly, and at no time did a manger bother to help/call regarding our issues.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank danfa31

Reviewed April 7, 2010

Before I get started with my review I can't begin without having to say IGNORE the reviews below that talk negatively about this Hotel because they simply can't be true.

Right, now I have this off my chest let me begin. My Wife and I stayed at the Croham over the April Bank Holiday (April 2-5th May 2010) and even though we had read some of these 'so called reviews' we decided not to pay any attention to them and try it for ourselves. On arrival we was very impressed by the look of the Hotel, looked very grand and it was so close to everything, the Sea, bars town centre and restaurants.

Oh and yes we had to pay £3.50 for our car but all I can say is people who complain about paying a car park fee on a trip away are not worth paying attention too! Any decent hotel asks for payment for your transport! I mean we were right next to the sea and everything else so the £3.50 it was insignificant!

The staff was very friendly as were the management who we had met upon arrival. They asked us where we had travelled from and also gave us a free drink before allocating us our room- great service!

The room we stayed was recently decorated and was in excellent condition. Had all the facilities required for a good night’s stay and also the bed was very comfy.

The staff was very helpful and we felt right at home. There was a buffet in the mornings for breakfast and it sure did set you up for the day.

Bottom line is this if you’re looking for a great weekend/night away with your partner or even mates then book into the Croham you will not be disappointed. I am already planning my next trip!!

David and Anne Jones

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Stayed here last Saturday as i was meeting some friends for a stag do. Thought it was ideal as it was close to town centre. On checking in it looked rather promising as the reception area has been refurbished, once past this it was a flat out dump. In summary:
Room thick with dust,
Furniture bought before the war,
Bedding dirty,
TV didnt work,
Open wiring,
Bathroom had cracked tiles, filthy shower curtain and best of all NO HOT WATER !!!
Breakfast was dripping in fat and most things cold,
God knows how long the cereal and fruit had been out !!
As you can see my stay here was not condusive to good health and i would rather pull my toe nail out with pliers than stay here again....BE WARNED !!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank DaddyBadger
Reviewed February 23, 2010

I booked this hotel fairly last minute, looking for price rather than anything else. We were staying in Bournemouth for one night, going to the BIC and out for few beers. After booking I read the reviews on trip advisor and fearing the worst, wish I had looked on the website first and not been so driven by cheapness!

On arrival, the hotel looked well maintained and there was plenty of parking space. Although you had to pay an additional £3.50 per car, I had already been informed of this when I made my original enquiry.

At check-in I was pleasantly surprised that I was welcomed by friendly staff, who were helpful and courteous.

Some of the hotel was being redecorated, making it look more contemporary and modern, but this did not affect our stay.

The rooms were clean and tidy, with all standard facilities you would expect. The lock on the door was a little difficult to open, but not a problem. There were 3 of us, 1 single bed and 1 double.... my two mates had to share a bed (I booked so I chose!)....this may be a problem for some people, but I would argue that after a few beers you don’t really care where you sleep, as long as it is comfortable and warm.

The hotel was just a short walk from the BIC and stumbling distance from the nightlife.

To sum up, the hotel was great value for money, clean & tidy with friendly staff in a great location. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it as a romantic get away, but if you are staying with mates you can’t go far wrong.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I would highly recommend that you never ever stay there. i stayed there for over a month. Even after 2 days i hated it but i had already paid for my month. I was waiting to move into my house so looked into staying at hotel. They charged for parking, said my dog was allowed but moaned about it to me. The staff were asking my partner if he ways staying about 10 times evey day.it got very annoying,to the point were i could have screamed. The hotel was horrible inside,everything iss old, dirty,cracking.The hotel should start again and get new staff and new manager. The manager was just as bad, always moaning for little things, such as my partner leaving late, if you call 9 late? NEVER STAY THERE PEOPLE!!

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank charl142
Reviewed November 16, 2009

Having booked three rooms before reading the on line comments I immediately decided to cancel. Since one of the rooms was for one night only at a weekend I had difficuly finding any hotel that were willing to accept a one night booking and this hotel was willing to take the booking without any excess charge, so after dicussing the matter with them and heard what whey had to say we decided not to cancel and how glad we still decided to stay with them. We found the rooms clean and comfortable, there was heavy curtains at the windows not flimsy ones as others say they were. Carpets throuhout the premises were good and not worn or dirty as others have said. The cooked breakfast was also very good, on the weekend they did a self service system and was quickly replenished should they run out, so you could have as much, or little, as you wanted. We found all the staff were very pleasant and helpful and bar was worth a visit and not noisy like most bars. Regarding parking this was a bit restricted, but they do have three car parks not just the one at the front of the premises, however if there is a function going on, like a wedding, parking is difficult..
Like most hotels no matter how much you pay you can always find things to complain about if you keep looking, but I think that value for money this hotel is well worth a visit.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed here on a saturday night in October which 5 or 6 guys for my stag do. After reading everyones reviews i thought it was going to be the hotel from hell. However much to my surprise it was far ebtter than i was expecting. Ok its not amazing but for somewhere to stay for one night it was fine.

The room i stayed in was quite small but clean and tidy, everything worked and it had a great shower. Some of the guys had breakfast and said it was fine, they ran out of food but more came along in time (i stayed in bed nursing my hangover). The staff were friendly and helpful (esp the night porter!).

Ive stayed in some far far worse hotels and some far better, but its not pretending to be a hilton.

All in all i had a great weekend and the hotel was much better than i thought!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends