“Really Enjoyed”

Ranked #48 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
wigan
“Really Enjoyed”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I cant believe some reviews for this hotel, we have just got back home after our stay and found the hotel clean, good breakfast, friendly staff and comfortable beds, I think most of the negative comments are just what them people do nothing is probably good enough for them.
We would definitely stay again and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: room 122 twin beds small but ok and comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alan d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Nottingham
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I am amazed that some people found this hotel disappointing, I have just returned from a 5 day holiday at the Piccadilly with the wife and we both found our room bright and clean and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was excellent, best hotel breakfast I have had for a long time, the 3 coarse evening meal was wonderful. This is a 3* Hotel with 5* service, I have tried to look on the negative side but could not find any. The hotel is only a 5 to 10 minute walk to the shops and beach and a bus stop is close by. We did not try the hotel entertainment in the evening because we were out enjoying ourselves in Bournemouth.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blackdown406
PB_Direct_Ops, Ops Director at Hotel Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I smiled broadly when I read you lovely review. Thank You!

As the recently appointed Director of Operations my vision is to create a 5* experience at 3* prices. So I couldn't help but smile when you wrote my vision.

We have taken a 'trip advisor beating' recently as we strip out old and implement the new. Teething problems and tweaks have caused some less than pleasing reviews so I wanted to take just a little time to write & say thank you.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and I very much look forward to seeing you again, in fact, when you do come back, as for me, Paul and lets share a drink on the house. Our new bar will be finished, our new wine menu and cocktails menu will be in place and even some exciting new bar meals! I'm looking forward to seeing you.

Thank you again.

Regards

Paul

Paul Bellard
Director Of Operations
Hotel Piccadilly
london
Reviewed August 5, 2013

For £85 our expectations weren't too high, but on arrival the accomm seemed good - handy location, comfy bed, clean, attempts to redecorate in modern style tho still a bit worn in places. Having thought we'd found a good deal, at 4.30am and again at 6am we were woken up to the fire alarm going off, assuming it was something to do with youngsters partying into early hours, we were shocked the next morning to be told by reception that there weren't any issues, but that it was a sensitive fire alarm system apparently even set off by someone using hairspray or using the hairdryer after having a shower - so make sure you and your fellow guests don't do these during your stay! let along any hens or stags having a quick smoke! Perhaps the hotel should invest in a new fire system and let their guests get a good nights sleep - which is what we're paying for after all!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank csp05

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We are a young family and stayed here in early July whilst passing through Bournemouth for a weekend away.

Intital impressions were not great as arriving in the car park we found half a bottle of jack and beer cans littering entrance. There were enough spaces to park though and so we left the car and headed in. The reception was good and we got the keys to our room quite quickly. The requested cot was also in the room and although the decor was dated the room was a big enough size and was clean.

We had some issues with the service at breakfast but the food itself was very nice. Further problems were encountered when checking out delaying our departure.

Generally the hotel is ok, more designed for the older generation who may visit here for dances. Would i stay here again? No - we paid £50 for the night through Groupon and would begrudge paying that again let alone the full price i have seen advertised.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank gbprogrammes
royal wootton bassett
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Booked for one night [115 pounds], enter the hotel friday afternoon to find no one at reception, no one at the bar either, walked about a bit could not find a soul went down stairs to a hall to find it full of dancers [ballroom I think] then realised that this was not the hotel for us, by this time the receptionist appeared, she had trouble finding our booking but when she found the details she duly shown us our room for the night, and sweet jesus the smell from the room as we opened the door was some thing else, had to shut it quick to stop the smell escaping. was offered another room despite me asking for my money back and running away from the place, so we were shown the room not any better but it was much less smelly, apart from the carpet in the bathroom!! we stayed, well it could not get worse------- yes it did evening time was hilarious old and infirm people infested the lounge bar for a quiz or something they were tasked with finding things in the hotel, it was at this point that I had to visit the gents excitement I guess, toilet paper covered the place[ not used I might add] you see they needed the cardboard roll from the inside and nothing was going to stop them getting it club 18-30 ain`t got nothing on these old boys and girls, then a condom was needed at this point we made our exit!!! god save us we couldn't take any more. This hotel is for the older much older generation and I haven't got a problem with that, just wish that I was made aware of it first before I parted with 115 pounds per night ex breakfast. rooms were bad, service awful, carpet in bathroom that's a no no, broken tiles around pedestal, to expensive for my liking and for many others I would wonder, parking ok [for a while thought we would be sleeping in the car] if artdeco is your thing and ballroom you got to stay here,for the rest who want good service and value and less smelly look else where--anywhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ron s
Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We had booked with Groupon for one night on a Saturday on a Bank Holiday weekend. Amazed we got in and even with a £20 extra for Saturday stop we paid £70 bed and breakfast for two. We arrived at 130pm but unable to book in until 2pm but it does say so. Parking ok at front of hotel off street. The hotel is tastefully decorated and recently updated. Pleasant bar area and lounge. Our double room was top floor (second floor) front facing and even with window open was not too noisy at night. Tea and coffee in room with a bath and shower. Room Clean but a bit small. The downside was the exceptionally small lift. it said it would carry two people but i can say don't take luggage too! also read the notices. if you stand the wrong way the lift stops and for some could be a worry. I was very impressed by the breakfast which was excellent. There was cereal and cooked. Staff in restaurant were very efficient but top marks go for the lovely non greasy cooked breakfast. I am not sure I would pay the normal per person rates but they do reflect the value offered to the dancing groups who so obviously do enjoy this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alan E
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Had 5 nts/4 day dance holiday with YDC. Had a great time. Staff overall good. Rooms basic but clean and quiet at the side/back. Good dance floor but need to sort the AC so it works better. Would come again.

• Stayed May 2013