“The most amazing B&B in Bournemouth ( who needs a woman with 3 fab guys :)”
Review of The Newark Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Newark Hotel
Ranked #49 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Well I'm not sure where to start maybe with the word Amazing which sums up this lovely little old fashioned B&B.I rang last minute to see if the Newark had an available room, on reception I spoke to Andrew who immediately I liked he was very warm and friendly and said he had a room but it was not en-suite, I was a bit worried to start with as being quite Girly i like my own shower/bathroom ect. However this wasn't a problem at all the shower was warm,powerfull and extremely clean right next to the room, the same can be said for the toilet.
The bed was lovely and comfortable with a duvet and warm blanket,and the room immaculate with clean towels. There was a good sized tv with satellite, and tea and coffee facilities.
Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it,cereals,toast and a full English, juice and tea and coffee always hot and well presented. I was always greeted with a warm smile from David every morning, he was very accommodating even fetching me tomato Ketchup telling me this is Bournemouth love not Blackpool ha ha he had a good sense of humour.
The staff went out of there way washing and drying my towel for me at the end of a beach day which they didn't have to do :)
The hotel is in a great location very close to the beach and town centre.
All three of the hosts Andrew, David and sorry I can't remember the other guys name liked to have a chat and laugh,and always seemed interested in your day.This hotel is good value for money, it's not your stag or hen do kind of place. It's more suitable for people wanting a pleasant relaxing stay in a quirky B&B. I loved it and will be back in September. Thanks guys for a very pleasant stay :)

• Stayed: July 2013
9  Thank Cat198113

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Newark for three nights in July. It's in a great location - ten minutes from the ebach and five from the local shops and restaurants. The hotel was delightfully decorated, with flocked wallpaper and framed prints on all the walls, which I loved! The room was immaculately clean and all the amenities provided were perfect. The breakfast in the morning was lovely, with a choice of cereal, toast and a classic fry-up. David was very attentive and hid friendly chit chat made breakfast a pleasure.

The street outside was a little noisy at it is a street packed with hotels. Coming from a busy town myself I didn't consider the noise too intrusive, but may bother those used to real quiet.

We stayed in room six and my only other comment would be that the room did get very warm. It was, literally, the hottest weekend of the year (the BBC had even been on the beach the day we arrived as Bournemouth had been the hottest place in the country!), so obviously the weather was exceptional - but we did find the room very stuffy. Having mentioned it to Andrew he was very kind and gave his fan for the room which did make it more comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a really great hotel, very conveniently close to the beach, shops and bus routes. This hotel was kept extremely clean, and as a housekeeper myself, i was VERY pleased with the high standard. The rooms themselves are fresh and look newly decorated. Was really pleased with our choice. Very friendly and welcoming hosts.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Clean, efficient, friendly. Good firm bed. Superb breakfast. Convenient for beach, eateries and shops. Comfortable lounge with a selection of books and interesting ornaments. A home from home. Had a car so visited Salisbury, Stonehenge, Beaulieu and Boscombe. Can't wait to get back to the Newark and hope the weather is as good next time. Well done David and Andrew !

Room Tip: Check that you will fit in the shower !
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our recent weekend stay at the Newark was fab. Great weather, great hotel hosts. Hotel is a short walk to the cliffs & beach and our weekend had great weather too.We enjoyed a clean quiet room in a small hotel that bucks the trend in terms of the usual noisy party goers venue.The hotel hosts were a lot of fun and added to the weekend. If you're looking for reasonable priced comfortable accommodation close to the beach & shopping this should be your first choice. We wouldn't hesitate to book again.
Mike & Lynda

1  Thank Mike_Lynda_Zoopigi
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Me and my partner have just arrived home after a two night stay at The Newark. We arrived about 10am Saturday and even though we were too early to check in the owner, David, kindly allowed us to store our luggage in the lounge and showed us where to park our car, (getting down to car park is not for the faint hearted!! Very narrow entrance and ramp).

After going down to beachfront (about 2 min walk from guesthouse), and having a drink and doing some shopping, we went back to check in. David was very friendly and gave us some good advice on places to eat, visit, and where to get the best cakes (I even had to buy one to bring home).

Our room was delightful, up a beautiful original wooden staircase to a bright double aspect windowed room. Nicely decorated, clean tidy and functional en-suite. That night we had a restaurant booked and walked out that evening in opposite direction to beach and were at bar and restaurants within 5 minutes.

We were home quite late first night and were delighted to both find the bed as comfortable as home and got a good nights sleep. In the morning we were given proper English breakfast with good quality produce (I ate too much, but who can say no to a cooked breakfast!!).

I have had the best weekend ever in Bournemouth and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Newark. The guest house and owners were lovely and the central location was brilliant. Will definitely be visiting again. Thank you for a great weekend.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My partner and I have just come back from a three-night stay at the Newark. Very close to the seafront and the town, very practical if you're out and about often like we are. Our room was very clean and tidy, bed was very comfortable and warm (I'm one of these people who usually has to go ask for an extra blanket but no need here). Freeview TV which was handy for evenings when we came home and just wanted to spend an hour watching teatime telly before heading out for the evening again. Breakfast was very nice - my partner enjoyed his full English every day while I had a choice of cereals or toast. The owner was very friendly, offering us information about the area and where to go and how to get to places, taking our raincoats to dry for us after we arrived (in a downpour). We had some flowers in our room that my partner had bought me for our anniversary which we had balanced in a cup and found someone had placed them in a vase after cleaning our room which we were very grateful for - they'd have probably died otherwise. We did find a questionable magazine in one of the drawers in our room but I think it was probably left by the person before us. I can imagine the owners would have been horrified to know it was there. Rather than draw attention to it and cause potential embarrassment (we're 21 and we were both quite horrified by it) we just dumped it in a bin when we went out.
Well worth the money we paid and we'd be glad to come again next time we're in Bournemouth.

Room Tip: Our room at the back was very quiet.