“Good hotel & good location.”
Review of Charlesworth Hotel

Charlesworth Hotel
Ranked #79 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Me and my girlfriend recently stayed here for 3 nights and had a really lovely stay. The owners are very friendly & helpful, the breakfast was one one of the best I have ever had whilst staying in a B&B and the room was spacious and very clean. The fact we were only a few minuets walk from the beach, restaurants and shops was a added bonus! Thank you Charlesworth we will defiantly be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Damian G

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We was visiting Bournemouth for a wedding this Sataday . I had left it very late to book a hotel, in fact Friday the day before. I called Charlsworth and explained we would be traveling Sataday morning to bournemouth and we would need to check in as early as possable, from that point in speaking to Wendy the owner she and her husband Brian went above and beyond the service you would expect from a five star hotel. The welcome was so friendly, like home from home, Brian was so helpful and saved my skin last minute before the wedding, thanks brain I ow you a pair of socks :) The breakfast was fresh, tasty, and you would find very hard to beat in Bournemouth. I was staying with my girlfriend and three girls, and we all felt the same warm, clean and very welcoming. My girls really enjoyed there little chats with Brian and for him to take the time to bother, in m book that goes a long way. Room was clean, specious fully equipped to a good standard very comfy bed. To sum up the Charlesworth ho
tel I do not think you will find a nicer welcome, tastier breakfast, and clean room for the money. Thanks from all the Gibbons family we will see you on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kgeverton10
boat999, Owner at Charlesworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Hi to the Gibbons family. Thank you so much for your kind feedback. It is very important to us that our guests are happy with their stay. It was so good that the weather was kind for you to attend the wedding on Saturday. Your children are a joy and credit to you both. Hope to see you in the future next time you return to Bournemouth. Take care.
Very best wishes,
Wendy & Brian
(Brian says keep the sox!!)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Its like Marmite. You'll either love it or hate it. The owners are also like Marmite. You will either love em or hate em. Just a generally odd experience staying here. Nice room but just odd place. It was almost comical. Faulty Towers?!?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul_and_Jean_Crewe
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a few days in the summer and were greeted by polite staff who showed us to our room. The room was very dated with a lot of 70's style decor. Nevertheless the room was well equiped with tea-making facilities and working tv. It was also very clean to our satisfaction.

The breakfast in the morning was very nice with a good choice. The couple that run the place were very friendly and easy to talk to and allowed us to store our bags after we checked out. The location of the place was ideal with a quick 10 minute walk to the town centre.

Overall the service was good and the room had all the essentials.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

After my check in I went to the room & when trying to open the door, the key broke (because I turned over the key before it was completely introduced into the door lock), in other words, it was my fault the KEY WAS BROKEN.

The hotel owner I had to pay £7 for the replacement key (which I agreed with no complaints).

Then he started speaking to me in a very inappropriate way and SCOLDING ME like he was my father (as he was VERY UPSET because I had broken the key), I mean, not even my father has ever spoke to me like that in my life. I told him he could not treat me that way given the fact I'm a costumer and we were not family-relatives. I felt he was DISRESPECTING me

I even asked the owner to help me opening the door so I wouldn't break it again, to which he replied he wouldn't do it, he told me I needed to treat his door the same way I treat the doors of my own house. He said "I don't want to speak with people that don’t know how to treat things".

Then I said to the owner I didn't want to stay in his hotel as I didn't feel I was being treated with the respect a costumer deserves (HE EVEN MADE MY MOTHER CRY and then told her she was just being silly).

He told me that he wouldn't give me my £130 pounds back, but I was feeling so bad that I CHOSE TO LEAVE WITHOUT MY MONEY rather than staying there.

I had to call the POLICE DEPARTMENT who sent two officers to the hotel. While the police officers were talking to me , the owner told me (pointing the finger at me... and very upset of course) that if I dare to lie on the internet review, HE WOULD SUE ME. I replied to him I wasn't going to lie... simply because I didn't need to.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel, for your own sake
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank angiedeana
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Very friendly owners, in a great location for town and beaches. Breatfast tasty and plentiful.Bed very comfy, overall the room could do with a bit of updating. Having said that Wendy and Brian were great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

stayed here 25th june to 28th 2012 and was in area to play some golf which we were spoilt for choice of courses all realy good standard.
hotel is a b&b not a hotel but the lacation is great 3 minute walk to town and the same to the beech wendy and brian are so friendly the owners and make your stay a nice experience.
the decor needs up dateing but apart from that enjoyed my stay there breakfast included in price and was only twenty pounds a night great value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends