“Fantastic!”

Ranked #12 of 132 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

After a long day of meetings and many miles of driving I was greeted in the bar area and check in was extremely quick and easy. My bag was carried to my room which was great. The rooms are fantastic. Quirky with the most comfy bed in the world. I would never class this as a 3 star hotel at all.
After getting changed I went to find food and the service was great. Sometimes you can be shoved in a corner when you are on your own but the staff let me chose where to sit. The atmosphere in the bar was lively with lots of people obviously coming for the food.
I had fish and chips washed down with aglass of red and it was to die for.
Cocktails were fab!
The attention to detail was 10 out of 10. Lavender bath crystals, lovely toiletries, fluffy towels.
Breakfast fresh and piping hot with fantastic local produce.
Would go back without hesitation - well done urban beach

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have finally managed to stay for two nights at the hotel which was wonderful. Each time I stay, I can't wait to go back. The staff are great and go that extra mile to help, the rooms are quirky and comfortable and the breakfasts are fab!

There's nothing that I can fault and I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Bournemouth.

2 Thank wanderer035
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Cant say I have ever stayed anywhere like this before, I wondered exactly what I had booked. HOWEVER I need not have been concerned, the welcome was warm and friendly I was shown to a great room on the first floor. Very nice it was too, a short run to the beach. I bet the place is packed out in the summer, but hey this is January even still there were a few regulars and hotel guests in the bar.

I ate in the bar downstairs and the food was very good, if I were being picky it might be a pound or two overpriced on the meals but that aside the service throughout was excellent both at dinner and breakfast. Wide range of choices for breakfast which is great, with meat cheese fruit and yoghurts to help yourself too. You often don't get that in hotels costing a lot more, will be back best in Bournemouth at this price range.

1 Thank richard t
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Urban Beach over New Years after having such a fabulous experience exactly a year before (apologies that I'm somewhat late in reviewing). The staff were as attentive as ever; from making the booking experience so quick and easy, to whipping up the perfect cocktails. A special mention needs to go out to the staff that worked through the evening shift on NYE (barely even standing room at the bar - it was THE place to be in Boscombe apparently) and returning the next day with huge smiles on their faces and such a welcoming persona. You guys are an inspiration :-)

The rooms are as sumptuous as ever. Last year we were room 11 (gosh, I loved that room. Sleigh bed, bubble bath, room hidden away at the top so you feel like you have you're own annexe - what's not to love?!). This year we were room 5 - gorgeous dark wood furniture and headboard, a massive space to make you feel at home, enough cushions to make you feel like a queen etc. You do feel like it's a home from home, and then some.

Food is gorgeous and the breakfasts are addictive, though 3 days of full breakfasts don't help the waistline (of course there's fruit and yoghurts etc but I only have myself to blame). We did book on a package so had dinner included on one evening and the meal didn't disappoint. The only quibble (and we could have very easily spoken up about it ourselves during our stay) was that we didn't get our glasses of prosecco on arrival. Of course, being the festive season, we certainly made up for that by staying at the bar and drinking hot buttered rum cocktails :-)

Do indulge yourself with a stay here if you can. Everyone deserves a little luxury. Thanks team Urban Beach, I'm sure we'll see you again x

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2013

A colleague and I stayed at this outstanding hotel last week (Tuesday).
Due to availability we'd booked a double and a single but when checking in we were given two doubles for the same price - nice touch.

I stayed in Room 1 which was excellent - stylish decor, well equipped, neat shower room, quiet with a very comfortable bed.

We opted to stay for dinner rather than venture out and the decision turned out to be a good one. The food (clam chowder and sea bass) was super, the service relaxed but efficient, the ambiance vibrant and the wine (Domaine La Salette Gasgoyne) good value and well chilled (like the staff).

Breakfast was plentiful, well presented and the staff were again friendly, helpful and attentive. The local smoked mackerel was a real treat.

Negatives? The sink isn't the easiest for shaving (not very important)
Advice? Keep doing what you're doing!
Regret? Staying just one night!
Return? Definitely!

Room Tip: I've only stayed in Room 1 so can only recommend one room....but you won't be disappointed!
1 Thank LikeItRight64
Tamworth
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Where surfer and stylish city worker meet beautifully. Wonderful rooms, service, staff and food can't wait to go back! A return visit for my other half however my fist visit, it is all you could want for a few days away from normality. Cocktail menu is fab I wish I could have stayed long enough to try them all!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here as a very last-minute thing, having been snowed out of a flight to Amsterdam for a birthday weekend. The people at the hotel were great, very welcoming and seem to be having a good time. Lovely decor and good linens. Food very good, both the dinner and breakfasts. It was winter, so we didn't see the outside bar packed as it would be in summer, but we plan to return in better weather.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor were quite warm - if you want that
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple