“The Topaz really is a little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Topaz Hotel

Topaz Hotel
Ranked #97 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The Topaz really is a little gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

I've stayed at the Topaz on 4 occasions during 2010, but have been a regular visitor since Jamie Hiley became the new owner in 2007. Jamie and his team always offer an informal yet very professional service. There's a warm greeting at the door upon arrival, clean, comfortable rooms with good facilites, hearty enjoyable breakfasts with plenty of choice, and the hotel is literally 5 minutes walk from the town centre or the beach. Visitors are guaranteed to feel relaxed and at home in The Topaz; I never even bother to consider alternate accommodation in the Bournemouth area! Why spend ages looking around when a little gem awaits one on the clifftop? It's almost the New Year so I'll be planning my first stay there long before the season starts; The Topaz is definitely the place to nestle in 2011!
Paul
Notting Hill
London

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank paulterry186338

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

We arrived in hotel before registration time - they took us in anyway, we parked for free behind the hotel.
Room and bathroom were really spacious with high ceilings, 2 huge windows, modern flat screen TV with DVD equip.build in. Bed was huge -more than usual king size, everything spottles clean and fresh. Outside was freezing so we got extra heater for incase....room was nice and warm so we actually didn't need it. Breakfast was fantastic, you could choose from 3 options and still have your cereals, juices, jams, toasts, honey etc...with it. Fresh coffee and tea on your request....I really can't find one thing I could be disappointed with. We even ask for microwave for our private christmas dinner and it wasn't problem at all. Hotel staff make it for us. Their advice where to go and how to enjoy was really great, we got miraculous views and fantastic places to see. Jimmy was really helpful owner who few times read my mind :) I didn't need to ask and he help with every my question. Thank you so much, I had a wonderful time and hope to get some room in TOPAZ during the summer :)...anyway, location - walking distance from the sea...really comfy....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank drziakova
Halstead, Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I recently booked this B&B for a funeral in Poole the following day. The welcome upon arrival was very warm (the owner is really nice) and our room was compact but very clean & comfortable. The parking was interesting with me guiding my husband in (Passat estate) - but OK in the end. The breakfast was good and the whole experience great for just under £50 B&B.

If we had to stay in Bournemouth in the future I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again. We enjoy travelling round the world and at the end of the day, we just want somewhere super clean and comfortable - the Topaz certainly delivered on this score!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank senoritatraviesa
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2010

stayed just the one night at the Topaz, but were really impressed. Great room with everything we needed and friendly greeting from Jamie the owner. He gave us a map of the area and pointed us in the direction of several good restaurants nearby. Breakfast was excellent with something for everyone and we were even able to leave the car in the car park for a few hours whilst we explored bournemouth a little more the following day.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teleescott
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2010

Stayed two nights with a colleague to attend a conference at the BIC. Great location as it was an easy too find and an easy walk to the BIC. A warm welcome by Jamie was the start to a very comfortable stay. The room was clean and quiet at night. The breakfast was great, whether it was cooked or cereals etc. I couldn't make it to breakfast the last morning and Jamie sent a tray up for me with my colleague - a really thoughtful gesture and much appreciated.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and if I am ever in Bournemouth again, this is where I will be staying. Thank you Jamie and team.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Melindevon
Oxford, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Stayed here for two nights in September and thought that it was a good base for sightseeing in Bournemouth. The service is efficient and friendly and the hotel and rooms are clean. The decor of our bedroom was quite modern. if I was being picky i'd say the bathroom and stairs/hall way carpets etc could do with a bit of updating and mattresses need replacing. BUT for £65 a night it was a bargin. You are literally less then 5 mins walk from the sea and shops and there is free parking. The breakfast was good (although I didn't try the cooked the other guests seemed to be enjoying it!).

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

The hotel has a great look from the outside which was repeated throughout the hotel - it's not your typical old fashioned guesthouse, it has great modern decor and a very friendly atmosphere. It looks like one of the best hotels in the street.

There was a small en-suite in our room but it did the job.

The breakfast was great, just what we needed to set us up for a busy day sightseeing in Bournemouth!

Thanks Topaz, we can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple