I've stayed at several of the hotels in this chain over recent years and while this is a perfectly 'OK' hotel, it's the least impressive of all those I have stayed in.
The pool is pretty basic and quite small when compared to others - 3 lanes of fairly attricious swimming going on and no chance to just float and mess about in my own ponderous way.
The dinner was uninspiring and lacking in any real quality despite the price and to serve a 6 year old wine at the top end of the price list which clearly says on it should be drunk within 3-5 years, left me feeling quite sorry for the restaurant manager when this was pointed out.
Breakfast was the usual mix of cold and heated stuff with the heated stuff well worth avoiding.
In room drinks were again the usual chronic mix of cheap tea and undrinkable instant coffee. While the ironing board and iron were old, barely functional and well past their useful life. Rubbish selection of TV channels and a barely functional remote control. However, the room was a good size and it was comfortable enough.
The staff were all perfectly pleasant and were very helpful when required for a taxi or local information. In itself, that is enough to know I have no problem re-visiting the place. But for such a well respected chain, I think there is certainly a bunch of simple improvements the hotel could make to bring it up to the standards expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel