Village Hotel Bournemouth
$155
$104
$78
$75
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$118
$66
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$75
$92
$84
The Green House(Bournemouth)
$166
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
$159
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
$92
  • Beachfront
2,551 results
All reviewsclub roomthe upper deckthe verveleisure facilitiessky tvhuge tvcoffee machineswimming poolleisure clubgreat facilitiesmodern hotelsteam roomchanging roomscomfy bedwould stay againshort staygood nights sleep
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Check in was friendly, but efficient. The rooms were neat and tidy with free wi-fi which is always a bonus as a business traveller. There was however no tea or coffee making facilities which let it down slightly - it's just something you come to expect more than anything.

I didn't get to use the leisure facilities, but colleagues have told me that they're of a high standard from previous visits.

The breakfast was good - very similar to a premier inn breakfast which can't be beaten really. Dinner however left something to be desired, and after my first night I wasn't going to be eating there again - poor selection and poor quality.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is modern and comfortable my only reservation with it was the health centre and spa facilities (although very good quality) were mainly used by leisure club members so it was like staying in a David Lloyd centre with bedrooms!! I suppose this would be good for a business trip but not really geared up for holidaymakers as we wanted to explore the area and there wasn't a single leaflet advertising anything to do in Bournemouth the only literature positioned in reception was trying to get new members to join the centre (too full of posers for us)also half the pool was taken up with kids having private swimming lessons

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room on higher floor as the gym and fitness classes were on the first floor and the noise and vibrations from these could be heard and felt on floor 2
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ktester
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in Bournemouth for the air show.. Luckily for us, the hotel was a short walk from one of the air show park and rides, which was well-organised, so our journey to the cliffs and back was very straightforward. The room was spacious and satisfactory for our two night stay. The pool was excellent, you could have a proper swim, with lanes roped off. The changing room facilities were good with spacious shower cubicles with shampoo dispensers, and a swimming costume spin drier. The breakfasts were as good as expected and we could park free, you sometimes have to pay for this. My only criticism was that the lift was slow.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pelerine63
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is basically a business hotel but it is dog friendly and the rooms were spacious. Breakfast was a little disappointing in that the bread was processed sliced - no home baked bread or rolls. Croissants and nice pastries.though . All the usual hot stuff which I don't normally eat. I had 2 fried eggs but although I like mine runny I had to be careful as they all looked under cooked. We had a drink in the bar and as expected the drinks were very expensive. The pool is large and had swimming lanes which suited me as I like to swim when I'm in a pool. The staff were very friendly. A bit disappointing that they had no information for tourists - they said because it was the end of the summer ( 4th Sept !). There is free wifi so we searched the internet for info. We toured the area - Boscombe, Poole Quay, Swanage - what a lovely area ! Beautiful beaches which unfortunaltely our dog is not allowed on until 1st Oct. The hotel is easy to find as it is opposite the main hospital. A couple of miles from central Bournemouth. We booked the hotel thro exedia so it wasn't too expensive but there was a charge hidden on expedia of £15 per night for the dog.

Room Tip: The top floor has upgraded rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was booked into this hotel on business, on Upper Deck, and found it better than your average leisure break motel.

The Upper Deck is a mix of genuinely worthwhile extras - like comfy beds, great linen and comfortable seating plus some slightly chavtastic extras such as 'starbucks' instant coffee sachets and complimentary toiletries described as 'pinchable'.

The breakfast was OK. I had thought it would be awful based on other reviews here but it wasn't that bad. There was a good choice of juices (including orange juice with bits), good coffee, a choice of cut fruits including a fresh fruit bowl and the cooked items were not greasy. However, others are right in that the croissants and bread were dry, the quality of the cooked items not great and the usual cheese and ham buffet offerings not in evidence. I was at breakfast as they opened due to work commitments, so everything should have been at maximum freshness.

The Verve Grill early evening menu was fine and a very good price but, overall, it was outweighed by the expensive drinks - £4.20 for a 750ml bottle of still water. Not even served with ice.

Reception were very friendly, happy and made easy conversation - both when I arrived and when I checked out.

I understand there is also a good set of leisure facilities here which would add to the value of a stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business