just come back from a 2 day stay here. Decided against taking the car to keep the cost down, reading on the hotel description its close to the beaches. OMG how wrong were they. we arrived at the train station and asked for walking directions to the hotel only to be told its impossible to walk there. took a cab to a business park where the hotel is situated. £14. checked in then decided to walk to the beach as its 'close'. myself and 15 year old son then walked following directions for 3/4 of an hour. after this we got puzzled and a newsagent confirmed we hadnt gone wrong in directions but it would take another 3/4 of an hour. i dont consider an hour and a half tidy walk to be close to any beaches. there were buses we found out opposite the hotel at the hospital which cost £4 return for 2 to bournemouth and took half an hour. taxis cost on average £10 - £14 each way to get into the town. The rooms are average travelodge quality. internet worked fine, no ipod dock which was advertised, tv channels bog standard terrestrial plus sky news and sport. vibrant decor was a hard bed, a brown sofa, and an obligatory wooden desk and wardrobe. tea and coffee facilities were there. room overlooked a concrete ballustrade and window opened 4 inches at best which meant that due to the temperature throughout the hotel being roasting we had to use the a/c which was a shame. the room was a good size tho. the bathroom had 2 nasty soap dispensers making it feel very M1 service station rather than nice hotel. we had a dirty towel in the bathroom, and the finish was stained in places, peeling and shabby in others.
Breakfast involved a long line to a bog standard breakfast buffet, of cheap sausages, bacon, beans, mushrooms and eggs. bulk bought continental pastries, the toast and machine and cereal and juice. it was fine but nothing special.
Didnt use the leisure facilities as by the time we had made our way back from town they were shut.
to be honest i wouldnt come here again. its too far out and not enough going for it to merit the expense of travelling to and from the town. if i was the hotel and wanted to make things better i'd run a complimentary minibus to and from the town once an hour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel