I stay in Bournemouth every week on business and have done so for 4 months. My normal hotel was full (see my other reviews for Ferndown).
This hotel is supposed to be 4*
It definitely is not
A few things:
If you look on the Visit England Website it defines 1,2,3,4,& 5 star ratings and teh MINIMUM standards
Heated towel rail? NO
"Good selection of toiletries" - No unless you call a dispenser of soap screwed to the wall
The worst parts are as follows:
1) Very Dim lighting in the room
2) Impossible to see the controls of the AirCon by the door
3) FREEZING room - the heating is by a wall mounted heater with an impossible to find switch Room was so cold I had to get under the duvet fully clothed to wait for it to warm up. When I complained I was told that no one had ever complained about a cold room before!
4) Electrics powered by room key so you can't see what you are doing when you go in until you put the kecard in the slot but you can't see the slot without the light on.
5) Ordered room service, specifically asked for a pepper mill (plenty in restaurant) - No salt or pepper came. When I asked the waitress to bring one "Please may I have a pepper mill, and salt" - waitress's English was so bad she said "You want cup of tea?" 20 minutes later pepper & salt arrived (food eaten by then). Ordered 2 courses - one small fork & knife? Is this some economy measure on the washing up?
6) Although room key wallet has name & room number written on it - reception insist on saying room number clearly to all around - not nice for a lone female traveller
7) Similar in restaurant - room number spoken very loudly
8)Linguine replaced by Spagetti - why?
9) Bathroom panel delaminating
10) If you put your keycard for the room near your mobile it wipes the card. Might have been helpful if they told you that before you go up 5 flights.
The staff are really indifferent when anything is pointed out
The breakfast is OK if you like help yourself. Eggs - choice of fried or fried.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Bournemouth is a short drive from the town centre and boasts 7 miles of sandy beaches that Bournemouth is famous. Conveniently located just 3 miles from Pokesdown Rail Station and Bournemouth International Airport. Village Bournemouth is ideal for business and leisure travellers alike. Nearby attractions include Monkey World, Castlepoint Shopping Centre, New Forest and the Oceanarium. Village Hotel Bournemouth has 116 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a relaxing Spa, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Village Hotel Bournemouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Village Bournemouth Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Village Hotel