I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel recently. It is basically a mid-range hotel that was adequate for my needs, and there were no major issues or problems. The rooms were all very clean (including dining room, lounge & bar), and although a couple of bits needed sprucing up, the overall feeling was that this is probably one of the better mid-range hotels in Bournemouth and I would recommend it to others.
We were given a choice of rooms and choose one at the back as I thought the main road outside would be too noisy. In the end I did not here any traffic noise. The room we had (room 15) was small and had a very small bathroom. It was not particularly comfortable as it was difficult to sit upright on the bed with the angled roof in the way but it was adequate. The only issue I had is that the door did not shut properly and you had to make sure it was pulled to very hard so that you heard it click shut. I came back on the second morning to find I could get in without using my key as the maid had not closed the door firmly enough.
The food at breakfast was okay (not superb but not bad either) but I would have been bored with it after several days. I must comment on the waitress service as this was excellent. Even though every table was occupied, she swiftly moved around making sure that everyone was served quickly and was quick to ask if we needed more toast etc, and cleared the tables very fast. She puts to shame many younger waitresses who would not be able to keep up with her.
There were a few minor irritations (see below) but nothing major to spoil our stay.
1) There are a couple of bars within 100 yards where people stand outside drinking, and it was a bit too loud late at night. This calmed down before midnight.
2) There was a Hen part staying on the Saturday night. As hen party’s go, they were not too bad but they did spend 20 minutes chatting in the corridor in the early hours of the morning.
3) The main noise we got was from the people next door, who got up at 06:30 and ran water for the next 35 minutes while moving about on squeaky floor boards.
4) There was plenty of car parking but every time I came back, once I parked up I was then asked to move.
Overall, a reasonable mid-range hotel with no major issues. The hotel is slightly dated (but then so am I) but was perfectly acceptable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Liza InnThe Liza Inn is a warm, friendly, family run hotel boasting a range of facilities to suit everyone.Families, couples, groups, conferences, contractors and business travellers are all welcome throughout the year.We are situated in the heart of Bournemouth, the West Cliff, so you only have a couple of minutes walk to your destination whether it is the town centre, the beach, the gardens, the theatre or the Bournemouth International Centre.All our bedrooms have en-suite facilities, central heating, colour satellite television, tea / coffee making facilities, hairdryers and ironing facilities. If you have your own computer we can provide free wireless Internet access. Parking your car will be no problem as there is one space per room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Liza Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.