“Great Bournemouth Gem”
Review of Liza Inn

Liza Inn
Ranked #50 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed at the Kings Langley hotel in 5 nights in early April with my partner, while at a conference. I selected the Kings Langley based on Internet reviews and price, and wasn't disappointed.

While the rooms are a bit dated, they're very clean. Sure, the bathroom was small, but so is every other bathroom in England!!! For the amount we paid per night, I was impressed with what we got. I slept soundly. Breakfast was big and delicious, and the waitress was very friendly and kind. The owner, George, made sure we were comfortable, found us a power bar so we could use the kettle in-room, and waited with us for a cab. I felt like I could ask him anything I wanted to, and he'd have a friendly reply.

You can't beat the location. It was a 5 min walk to the Bournemouth International Centre and the Pier.

I'd recommend the Sunday roast dinner that's offered at the hotel. George cooks a lovely roast and my partner is still raving about the stilton cheese-broccoli soup!

Highly recommended to other budget travellers. I'd definitely stay again. Felt like a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a fridge
2  Thank kjreed

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked to stay here for one night in March for a friends birthday weekend away. We had pre booked a room that sleeps 6.

We arrived at the hotel to find ample parking, although a lot of the spaces appeared to mean that other customers would end up parking behind and next to you and therefore blocking your car in.

On entry of the hotel there was a distinct smell of air freshener where the owner had tried to cover up the smell of the breakfast. On first expression as we entered the hallway looked dated, however we were greeted by a friendly lady who invited us to go and view our room before we unpacked etc and offered us extra keys.

Once we got to the room things very quickly went down hill. On entry to the room the first thing that hit me was the musty smell. The room was very dated, the furniture old and the room was not clean. The bathroom, was infact a small shower room, smaller than my parents cloak room, you could sit on the toilet and put your feet in the shower. The bed head boards were discoloured and looked dirty and there was a dirty glass left by the previous occupier with drink stains down the radiator. We werent expecting a five star room given what we had paid but we were expecting a nice clean room.

We went back down stairs to talk to the receptionist, we hadnt even mentioned what was wrong with the room just that we wanted to discuss it when the manager/owner (we didnt know this at the time) ran out of the office ranting and shouting that there was nothing wrong with the room and stated that he did not accept complaints as a rule. He then informed us that he had not checked the room but there would be nothing wrong with it and went and inspected the room coming back with the pint glass, claiming it was overlooked!!!

He then suggested that, for an appropriate additional sum, we could have the use of two other rooms although on learning what we had originally agreed to pay - £32 per head – he relented and said additional payment would not be required. We hesitated as the whole reason for making this booking was because we could all be together in one, large, shared room, however we did ask to see the rooms before making any commitment. Reluctantly he proceeded to lead the way but unfortunately, en route the ‘gentleman’ continued to be quite objectionable suggesting groups like ours cause trouble and misuse the rooms etc. The alternative rooms showed a marginal improvement on the first in that they appeared to be cleaner and brighter but of course, they were not the one room we had anticipated sharing.

We asked for some time to discuss the rooms as we had wanted to stay together however we were told we could not have this time and the manager stamped his feet and ranted at us that we had wasted his time.

He had made us feel so comfortable with his shouting, ranting and general attitude to us that we decided we would not stay at the hotel.

The manager was nothing but rude to us from the minute we went down stairs to inform him of our dissatisfaction with the room. I am sure he will be on here commenting as he does all of the poor reviews that he has received but this hotel is as the other poor reviews state, it is dirty, out dated, the manager is unfriendly and unwelcoming if you have an issue. We were nothing but polite to this guy and tried to resolve the situation. He comes across in some of his responses to his reviews as rude and this is what he was like to us in person.

Its a shame really as before our stay he was more than helpful on the telephone.

On its website its listed as being a friendly and welcoming hotel this was not our experience at all.

We are a nice group of girls who are well travelled and have experience of working with in customer service, the service we received here was poor and we sadly will not be able to recommend this place to anyone. The location of the hotel however is spot on!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank sunnysea83
Lewsar, Owner at Liza Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

My hotel decor might not be to all tastes but it is certainly not dirty. I agree that the chambermaid left a dirty glass by the door to take out when she cleaned and unfortunately forgot it but the rooms and their en-suite facilities are always spotless.

I tried to accommodate the guests by offering additional rooms at no additional cost but it soon became clear that nothing was going to be good enough.

As always there are two sides to every story and I just hope that those looking to book a break and browsing reviews will recognise that this review stands out among the wealth of positive and happy guests who have taken time to post reviews regarding their experiences.

John Warwick

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very good hotel with a great location and perfect services ! Hotel's just at 5minutes to walk of Bournemouth center and shops and two minutes to the beach.
Great breakfast every morning ! We come back again and a "Merci beaucoup" from France !

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were a group of 10 booked in for 12th & 13th April. We were assigned our rooms, which are comfortable, tea/coffee facilities available, with most rooms a double and a single bed. Ensuite in all rooms. I know some say this hotel is dated but the rooms were clean and we were looked after by John. There were some very loud girls on the Sat night,but this was not Johns fault they cant behave.
The breakfast in the morning was just what you needed after a heavy night, the coffee and juice was refilled and the toast kept coming, great hot full english and so quick too.
Great price, 5 min walk to town and friendly service, what more could you want,
Thanks John

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed with my family (2 adults and 2 children - 7 years & 10 years old) for 2 nights on Friday 12th & Saturday 13th April. The room was very comfortable, warm and cosy. The en-suite was great, with lots of hot water. I was impressed by the speed of service and the genuine concern that my family enjoyed themselves!

We had a little trouble with some thoughtless 'idiots' making lots of noise late at night; however the manager handled this really well and I know this incident was not his fault.

Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making our stay so great (despite the awful weather!).

Room Tip: Check there are not large single sex groups / stags / hens when you book if your travelling with a f...
1  Thank Ianandlisa2
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I was in Bournemouth with my dad for visitting my friend. She is working right there in a restaurant on the beach for 3 months. It was a great time: every day we went to the beautiful beach where we had long walks and of course to the square with a really lot of shopping stores and many many bars. Both: The walk to the square and also the walk to the beach took nearly 5 minutes only. The bars over there have been really Englsh - as you are expecting them. As far as you can see - people drinking, laughing and just having fun with their friends. Everyone you met has been so polite and kind, unbelievable!! The food in the restaurants: typical "fish and chips" - it was great and so delicious, I could never imagine!
So the same in our Hotel "Kings Langley": eyeryone there was so amazing. It was such an harmonically atmosphere, that you loved to come in!! Eyery room was clean and tidy. In this hotel there was a bar and also another room where you could just chill out. And the breakfast: a dream!! You could choose between 5 different kinds of eggs, minimum - next to everything you desire in the morning!!! Of course including a real english breakfast :)))
To sum up: at all times I would come back to THIS hotel to enjoy my holidays and to have a great and unforgettable time!!! Thank you so much for that <3

1  Thank Francesca D
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I on this occasion visited friends in Bournemouth and although we only live the other side of the county it is always nice to stay over and have a few drinks and a chinese meal at the ideally located restaurant about 50m across the road. On arrival we were shown to our room by John the owner who was hospitable as ever and obliging to our needs. Our ensuite room was clean and airy and more than catered for overnight stay. With wifi freeview tv and tea/coffee making facilities what more could you want.Breakfast next day freshly cooked and staff very attentive. So all in all for price ~ excellent value,good location for Bic and town,owner and staff a pleasure to meet each time we visit which sums up in a nutshell why every time we come to Bournemouth we always stay at the Kings Langley Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013