“Great value for money!!”
Review of Chelsea Hotel

Chelsea Hotel
Ranked #112 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very comfortable stay at the Chelsea hotel!! Very clean and close to the town centre and beach. Chrissy and the staff were very helpful and made our stay very pleasant indeed!! Would definitely recommend this hotel and we shall be very happy to stay again in the the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your kind words.

There are newer reviews for Chelsea Hotel

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had a great stay at Chelsea Hotel, located close to the Bournemouth Rail and Coach Station. At first I only booked for 2 nights, to look around in Bournemouth. But I quickly extended to 3 weeks: I had a very quiet and clean en-suite room with a comfortable bed, so I slept like a log. Overall you will get a good value for your money and if you ask the staff for help, you will be surprised by an outstanding helpfulness which is clearly a surplus for foreigners! And within a 15 minutes’ walk one reach the town centre and had appreciated the Gervis Road(!) or the beach .Thanks Chrissey for a wonderful time in Bournemouth!
Christian from Germany

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you Christian, we are so please that you enjoyed your nice stay with us at the Chelsea.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I see that the reviews of this place vary widely! I've been coming to Chelsea Hotel on and off for three years and think it's a great wee place and offers wonderful value! The place has really smartened up: the rooms are well-appointed and the bathrooms are absolutely fantastic. All is very clean and I've never found Sue and Chrissy to be anything but friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for your review, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stays with us. It make it all worth it when our guests enjoy there stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

First time I stayed was for a stag weekend. When we arrived myself and my party was greeted with an extrem walm welcome and a smile from ear to ear. We was shown to our room, that we were all very impressed by. The size cleanness was at a very good standard. Complementary tea coffee and biscuits, went down a treat. The bar was perfect at a very good price with a walm comforting feeling to it. It's not to far from the centre so a walk didn't bother us at all, and a taxi ride is only around 5 to 10 pound. Breakfast was spot on, cooked to how we asked for it. Honestly couldn't go wrong. The staff are perfect in every way, the building and food also, and that lead us to booking another night for on the wedding day. Thank you Chelsea hotel for making it such an amazing stay.

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for your review, pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have been to many hotels and b&b's in my time, and i must say this is the worst hotel in the whole of the uk (by far).
This b&b should most definatley be shut down. The owner is an arrigant hag in which what ever she says goes (apparently she is always right). She is lazy with her work and ensuring that her guests are happy, all she seems to do all day long is sit in what is like a "dragons layer" or she is either out and expects new arriving guests to arrive when it suits her, not bearing in mind the fact that they could be stuck in traffic, so if you live far away and on your way to the hotel you will probably get stuck in traffic, you will either have to arrive in a jet plane or get a police escort because if you do not arrive on the "dot" you will be waiting outside on the street in an area full of brothels, drug factories and the homeless.
Secondly if would like a good night sleep this is certainly not going to happen at this b&b. This is due to the cat which does not ever shut up and will somehow find its way into your room. Another reason is because the so called beds which if you so happen to be a person who moves in their sleep (which everyone does) you will most likely wake up on a collapsed bed. But oh no i doesn't stop there, on the day of check out even if your not particually checking out, the witch will set off the fire alarm to wake all the guests up. Not only is that a health and safety hazard, when there is a real fire the guests will just ignore it, not only that the witch will probably not even clear the building, she will be more worried about herself and her flaming cat!

So i repeat do not stay here unless it is the last place on earth to go!

Room Tip: dont bother even booking
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
9  Thank emma j
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

I cant actually remember you, and I normally do when guests are not happy for whatever reason ? I'm so sorry that we cant please everyone. The cat actually is in my apartment which is an extension to the Hotel, so I don't know how you can hear her at night, unless you did in the daytime.
Your description of the area is just incorrect, We are across the road from the train coach and bus station and in a tourist area, just ten minute walk to the town centre.
Luckily for me I have a lot of nice guests who do actually enjoy staying here, and returning.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Overall the b&b is nice, clean and welcoming, the owner who I dealt with when first arriving was polite and welcoming. We stayed for two nights however another couple we went with stayed for just the one and they got a room which was a much bigger size. Our room was tiny but we coped, the bathroom door doesn't shut completely but that wasn't too much of an issue. It is a bit of a walk into town depending upon the route you took but fresh air and exercise never killed anyone. I only have two bad points about it, the housekeeper who worked the Sunday morning was incredibly rude and we heard her sigh several times through the door when she banged it to wake us up. The only reason we were unable to be up and out at the 10am departure time was because the cat who as adorable as she was kept us awake until gone 1am meowing at each rooms door and jumping up our door. The doors are not sound proof and in the middle of the night when it's quiet she was very loud, I don't think she was able to get downstairs due to the iron gate that was closed so she wanted somewhere to sleep. Overall it wasn't a bad stay but little things could have been improved. The housekeeper on Saturday was lovely however the one on Sunday could do with a little lesson in manners and politeness.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Tinkerbell256
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

So sorry about sky the cat, she does have somewhere to sleep, I did have difficulty that night getting her in. You should have called me and I would have come and got her for you.
As for Louise, our Sunday Housekeeper, she is not rude by sighing, she is going through what you will in time "the change" and she has hot flushes, which I certainly know all about. She is not rude though and I have never since she has been here this past Summer had anyone to complain about her, so sorry for her going through the change.
Town is only a 10 minute walk? Room vacating is 10am as we have other guests coming in we needed to do the room.
You may have had a smaller room but you had a King Size bed, the room your friends were in only had a small double bed, as they were only 1 night I thought I would give them that room, if you wanted the smaller bed I could have moved you and the people coming in on the Saturday night I could have move as well if you had let me know?

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Spent a very pleasant 3 days stay at this hotel. This is return visit to this establishment apart from the décor nothing had changed I received the same warm welcome from Chrissy and her staff, and the rooms were very clean. This hotel is very well situated with the bus, railway station, a short distance away, with the beach and town centre not far away.

I have stayed in worse hotels abroad offering the same service. I would definitely stay there again when I am in next in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce P
ChrissyBeere, Owner at Chelsea Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, we do try to keep our guests happy, and the Hotel up to date.