“Average stay”

Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel
Ranked #50 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My partner was coming to stay for my birthday. Being students we have a rather tight budget and know how expensive it is to stay in a hotel in Bournemouth, However, I managed to get this one for £30 for the night. It was a rather cheap stay and it is a budget hotel. The staff were friendly and we got a very spacious double room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel. We had a good nights sleep and had everything we needed.
However, I feel that charging users £3 to use the car park when staying at the hotel is rather cheeky considering that it is no where near any of the towns amenities which means people will generally not try and park there for free and the car park was tiny, dingy and rather creepy. I wouldn't have wanted to be on my own down there late at night.
Also, understandably I did not pay for the wifi as it was only for the night and expensive at £5 per hour. However, to provide wifi in the cafe without any plugs to charge devices into is another flaw of this hotel. I ended up travelling down the road to a smaller cafe to use their wifi and plugs...you missed a sale there.
I wouldn't stay there for a period of time but for a cheap night and comfy bed it was a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Last minute booking as I decided to stay overnight prior to a family event so as not to be late, price was good compared to the Premier Inn down the road although in general I think they provide a better overall experience. On arrival we managed to park in the underground car park although this is extremely tight to manoeuvre, parking was £3 for 24hours, a little annoying on top of the hotel but we have paid worse.
Check in was fine and we were given a key to a room on the top floor at the front of the hotel, there are lists so no need to carry luggage. The room was clean and spacious but the window did not shut properly, this left it a little cold and airy but I usually sleep with the window open at home so not a massive problem (NOT YET ANYWAY!!) we arrived quite late so dropped our bags and headed to the bar for a drink, it had been a long drive after a day at work.
No draught beer so we asked the girl if there was a pub nearby, she reluctantly directed us to Table Table attached to the Premier Inn a few doors down, and warned us that they were expensive (in fact is was not expensive at all) It was much more welcoming than the Travelodge cafe style area, on return to our room we headed straight to bed, unfortunately the fact that the window did not shut now became an issue as I was kept awake very late by noisy traffic, the noise started again very early and so all in all a terrible nights sleep.
Had I paid the extra for the premier Inn then I suppose I could have had a refund under their "good night guarantee" no such luck with a Travelodge though I am afraid.
I would have liked t let them know when checking out but didn't see a member of staff despite it being 9am.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CasaLemon
Reviewed March 29, 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews here I was somewhat sceptical about my stay. It turned out to be just the opposite. I contacted the Travelodge before I went to check the bed height for transferring, and they arranged for a different bed and lowering it for me. I stayed one night and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The only difficulty I had was negotiating the doors. They are very heavy and spring loaded so it was a battle to get through them (as is so often the case in these kinds of buildings). However, staff and customers were very helpful and I didn't have to struggle many times.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank David N
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here (rooms 210 & 320) for 1 night this week and woke up covered in bites... my friend who was in another room on the floor above also got bitten in her room by either fleas or bedbugs. We complained in the morning and it was half joked that we brought them with us. Absolutely disgusted at this insinuation.

apart from that the food and location were perfect.

1  Thank Paula C
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Bournemouth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

The above complaint regarding insect bites has been fully investigated by our management team and by an external, professional pest control company. We take such complaints very seriously and follow strict policies to ensure thorough checks are performed in our hotels without delay. We can confirm no evidence of infestation was found in our hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

stayed for one night when visiting Bournemouth. the hotel is clean, the room was comfortable and the staff I came across were polite and helpful. My room was 2 floors up facing the main road but this did not cause any issues with noise etc. The location is not ideal for a stay if you want to be close to the centre but it suited us as we were heading into Boscombe and only there the one night. We didn't have breakfast but it was available at a very reasonable price. Car parking was on site again at a reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel but you need to be aware of the location if you are planning to spend lots of time around the town and sea front.
Plus it could do with a little sprush up in places but nothing too desperate and it is good value for what you pay.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed in this travelodge last week I am very happy. Good value for money what I paid. Staff very friendly and very helpful and breakfast nice. When I came to the reception ask for pizza the night guy make it in 7 minutes, exactly the time what he said.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank hfbdhdhe
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Around 1am on a wednesday night after a long drive from Birmingam I went into the hotel asking for a room for 3 nights. The man behind the desk said they are fully booked had no rooms what so ever. Advised me to go to the premier inn 3 doors down. I said thank you and went to the premier inn. Luckly I managed to get a room for a night.

I went into my hotel room opened my laptop to book a room for the next 2nights in bournemouth. I went on the Travelodge website, because travelodge is cheaper than most of the hotels in bournemouth and I knew They have more than 1 travelodges in bournemouth. When I was checking for rooms I found out They still had plenty of rooms for sale included the wednesday night and the following 2 nights in this Hotel. i got a bit mad So I decided not stay in any of the travelodges in England anymore, because of the "Helpful guy" Who advised me to go to the premier inn When they still had plenty of rooms to sell. Thanks very much

I travel a lot so I would save myself lots of money staying in Travelodges, but i rather stay in other hotels from now on.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business