“Fantastic sea front hotel”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed October 31, 2010

This is a lovely hotel, the side sea view from our room an unexpected bonus. The staff could not have been more helpful, everyone from reception staff, to waitresses in the restaurant to the bar staff were effiecient and friendly.
Decor in the room perhaps a little bit tired and the tv very old fashioned, but that aside a great hotel with staff who made it a really special break

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank midlandsgirl55
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on Tripadvisor, I was delighted to read your compliments about the team and the hotel.

Refering to the room it suggests you stayed in a standard double which are towards the back of the hotel, when you choose to stay next time the front facing bedrooms have a more contemporary decor and better views, some with balconies.

Many thanks once again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Paul Clarke

Write a ReviewReviews (1,288)

Reviewed October 29, 2010

My partner and I have stayed at the sister hotel before, The Menzies Carlton but we much prefer this one. We checked in and went to our room which was undergoing some repair work. There was a hoover, paint and dust in the bathroom. We called the reception and straight away the manager was knocking on the door with keys to another room. The room was indeed a suite, complete with a comfortable sitting area and table and chairs. The room was enormous and very luxurious indeed. The customer service was second to none and very very prompt. A wonderful breakfast with friendly staff in the morning made this a fantastic break away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2010

Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent saty with us at the Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel.

Firlsty please accept my apologies for being given an out of service room that clearly had maintenance work going on.Prior to this review being posted by yourself I had been made aware by my team of this unfortunate incident occuring and what they had done to resolve the problem, which based on your feedback confirms they reacted in the right way, which I am delighted to read.

We have learnt from this mistake and will ensiure that this does not occur again in the future.

I was very pleased to read that once you were in a nicer room you had a very enjoyble stay and the great team we have here looked after you very well.

Many thanks for taking the time to post feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed October 27, 2010

The staff were brilliant, the room was lovely and the evening meal was superb. Stay there you will not regret it.

Dear Guest,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on your recent stay at the Menzies East Cliff Court Hotel.

The team and I were delighted to read your comments, and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not to distant future.

Your sincerely

Reviewed October 24, 2010

Arrived to find the hotel in a great location overlooking the sea. Plenty of free onsite parking which is always a nice touch. Reception area clean and tidy, uniformed staff looking professional and a nice welcome. We were booked in for a package that included dinner B&B. Efficient checkin, took our table reservation for dinner, offered to help with our bags which we didnt need but nice to be asked, no problems.

The lounge bar and rooms all looked nicely decorated, neat and tidy. We didnt use these facilities but all looked newly decorated.

Our room was nicely decorated and big. Everything you could need including a bath which was nice to unwind in. Tea and coffee making which was good, iron and ironing board thank goodness, I hate it when you have to phone down for one, always makes me feel like Im being demanding. The room didnt have robes, but we phoned down and they arrived within 5 mins so great service there. The one thing I think lets the room down which is why it has 4 stars is the inroom entertainment. Its verys 90's, old style tube TV with very limited selection of channels and when your lying in bed the TV is obscured as its on an old fashioned stand so is too low. Time to get wall mounted flats screens with a decent satelite or digital channel selection I feel, its a 4 star hotel so deserves it. Room was spotless so good job housekeeping!

Went down to the restaurant for dinner, restaurant clean and tidy, tables layed out nicely. We were showed to our table quickly and brought menus. We were offered water, twice by different people and when we ordered the food, I had steak I asked what sauce it came with, the waitress said a brown sauce and when I asked what type she didnt know. She also didnt offer to find out so thats why service 4 rather than 5 stars. Food arrived quickly, in some ways too quickly, felt a bit conveyor belt and we didnt have time to take a breath between courses, 10 mins between each would have been better so we could have some breathing space and time for a chat, felt a bit like a race. So that also makes it 4 rather than 5 stars. Good winelist with choices by the glass which make a nice change..The food was good, not amazing but for a seaside hotel it was perfectly ok, steak a bit overdone for medium but the pate was very good and so was the pear tart, warm as it should be with ice cream so nice hot and cold contrast. My partners venison was yummy with good sauce and mash. Seasonal vegetables overcooked and a bit uninspired, boiled or steamed and lacking flavour.

My partner found the bed a bit hard but no noise so 4 stars for sleep quality. Didnt need to use the room service.

so morning time and breakfast service very good, buffet for fruits, pastries etc. Good menu, we both opted for the cooked and it was nicely done, could have been hotter but they were very busy and the quality was good.

all in all a pleasant stay at the menzies, I would stay there again and recommend it to people. It was good value, £179 per night for two dinner B&B, you do have to pay a bit extra for some dishes.

I would say if they improved the room entertainment (which they probably realise they need to do as in flat screen wall mounts and better channel selection), fine tuned the service, only very slightly and made some small improvements to the food with maybe a bit more attention to detail it would be 5 stars all round.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2010

Dear Guest,
My sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent stay with us at the East Cliff Court hotel.
I was delighted to see that you took the time to summarise the different elements of your stay which will enable me to discuss with the team so as to improve our service and hospitality given to future guests.
If I could ask you to email me directly paul.clarke@menzieshotels.co.uk the room that you stayed in I will then be able to check the bed along with any historic feedback to see if another mattress needs purchasing.
Our television offering will be reviewed in due course and I have noted your comments regarding this.
Thank you once again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

We held our wedding ceremony and reception here on the 25th September, and we were so pleased with how the hotel managed the day. It went perfectly, Paul and his colleagues had everything under control, so we were able to completely relax and enjoy the day, knowing that the day was in very capable hands. Not only were the rooms where we were celebrating perfect, the other areas of the hotel were also fab, bedrooms were lovely, amazing sea views,and the piano player in the bar in the evening was lovely touch. Many of our guests said that it was one of the best weddings they had ever been to! We can't wait to come back for our 1st year anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2010
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2010

My sincere thanks for taking the time to place feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent special day here at the East Cliff Court.

The team and I were delighted to read that you had a memorable day, thankyou for allowing us to be a part of it.

We all look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary next year,

Once again many thanks for the feedback

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Had a last minute stay at Menzies East Cliff Court Bournemouth, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Located only 10 minutes walk to the town and sea front, it was just what we were looking for.
Staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, and couldn't do enough to make our stay enjoyable. We decided to stay for a second night and the management even gave us an extra discount for the second night.
Lovely full English breakfast both mornings, although fresh fruit and other breakfast options were also available.
We were upgraded to the Executive bedroom, and were delighted with the level of equipment, general condition and finish. All in all a very enjoyable stay and intend to return. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
MenziesECC, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2010

Dear Guest,

My Sincere thanks for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor, I was delighted to read the feedback given and please be assured the team will be made aware.

The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to the East Cliff in the not too distant future.

Many thanks once again

Reviewed September 29, 2010

What can i say,
My partner and i got married here this month and no words can describe how utterly brilliant our day was, and all this was made possible by Paul the manager and Angela the wedding planner, absolutely nothing was too much trouble, Paul went way above the call of duty too make sure everything went without a hitch and both me and my wife are eternally grateful.
We had numerous guests who also stayed at the hotel and all of them went away not only with fond memories of our wedding but also the quality and excellence of this hotel, all the rooms seem very well appointed and the layout is well designed so that functions or events do not impinge on other guests. views are spectacular and the quality of the food was second to none.
I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to get married or having a special function/event or just wanting a special break.
Again we cannot thank you enough Paul

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thankyou for taking the time to complete feedback on trip advisor regarding your recent wedding with us at the East CLiff Court hotel.

The team and I were delighted to be part of your special day and very pleased to read that you felt your experience of East CLiff was memorable, I have to say the Chinese lanterns were a great idea and looked fantastic with the back drop of the sea, even though they were a challange to light initially!!

Thank you once again for the feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the East Cliff Court in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely