1,516 results
All reviews sea view sister hotel lovely hotel outdoor pool evening meal cream tea sea front air show family room afternoon tea restaurant staff leisure facilities lovely room town centre very pleasant stay weekend break buffet style
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

This place was.... okay.

The reception staff- I’m fine with ineptitude if I can see the person is trying to be a nice human, but every one who I spoke to at reception was miserable, useless, and clearly not loving their life. Unfriendly ‘welcome’, not a smile between them and the number of times I was sent on a wild goose chase to find a room/ person/ form... whatever- was ridiculous. We were there the weekend for a big 2 day function and they clearly do not communicate amongst themselves!

Breakfast- again this was more a staffing issue.... slow, inept, frustratingly clueless. Saturday morning after a gym session (you can use the sister hotel gym) I was ready to bite off the waiters head and eat that for breakfast given the wait for someone to clear a table. In their defence- Sunday morning (which was much busier) was better.

Views- from the downstairs bar/ lounge it’s pretty much unbroken. If you like looking at the sea (no guarantee you’ll get it from your bedroom) it’s a great place to watch the big blue.

Clean- the hotel is tired and old so upkeep is inevitably hard, but everything was clean. Really couldn’t fault them on that.

Parking- we got a great deal where parking was included... can’t guarantee you’ll get it too but worth an ask.

The night manager- Darren made up for the many staffing frustrations we had experienced all weekend. He was extremely patient, friendly and has the diplomacy of a hostage negotiator- my friends and I played the old piano in the restaurant into the wee hours of the morning, and Darren negotiated all terms that would not disturb hotel guests AND allow us to have our fun.

Food- breakfast was great. Buffet but nice choice. Dinner- lovely. The food really was a nice surprise.

Look, it wasn’t terrible. It wasn’t amazing either, but I’ve stayed in MUCH worse! It’s a good place to rest your head and then put a bunch of eggs and bacon in your face the next day and walk to the beach.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

Ok, one receptionist was rude, room 1102 NEEDS the update of double glazing, the baths are extremely tiny so expect to shower rather than bathe. Room service is £5. Jack behind the bar is a wasted talent in the hotel, the poor lad is running between 2 hotels all the time and extremely professional given the stress he is under (it did not take a genius to know there was no one else around to assist him while he was running around) such a great lad!
I overheard allot of people complaining whilst there (all sorts of issues, water not running warm, incorrect room allocated, no fresh water available, maintenance issues etc...) the reception team did not know how to reply apart from saying ‘I am sorry for the inconvenience caused’ no discussion for a resolution apart from ‘your parking for your stay cost £20, we can discount this to £18’ .... really.... I’m just glad I didn’t have all of them issues or I would have been extremely disappointed to have this response.
Restaurant closes at 9:30 and bar not open until 11am.... unless we were being told some ball crap... we could not purchase a coffee in between these times (very odd)
I am in between making a full decision on my stay, it was good most of all but feel that they could do with perhaps one more staff to manage the bar area to allow for such demand (especially as one person is running between hotels) perhaps the hotel needs to update the renaming double glazing needed, it might be worth a bit more training for reception team or at least more direction on what they can authorise to suppress an upset customer (it was painful to hear the constant response of what I stated above)
Not sure I would return here.... mixed emotions

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Trace_frisby
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

After visiting This weekend for my partners birthday, welcomed by unhelpful receptionist. Wasn’t told check out times,that we could use what they call a spa just a bit of a frosty reception.
In the room there was only two normal plug sockets the others didn’t work.
And the spa well that’s not even a spa it was disgusting we walked in and straight back out again! Not even worth the walk next door! Not acceptable to even be called a spa nothing nice or relaxing about it so grubby! When having room cleaned we didn’t have our mugs replaced so had dirty hot chocolate mug for our tea the next morning! Just a bit of a shabby hotel really! Bit of an embarrassment for my partners birthday. We had room service one morning of the stay had no sugar with the tea. But the food was ok. ‘Sea view’ is just a small high up window so wouldn’t really class it as sea view!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paige W
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Had a 2 day short stay. Lovely room with a sea view all was good and would return. Very close to the amenities. Car parking was £10 a day so bear that in mind. The hotel would get more people staying if the car park was FREE ! We chatted to a few people staying and the car park charge was an issue. So in my view the hotel could make it free. But £10 a car they are making alot of money so can't see them changing that ... just my opinion. .. thats all . Over all a pleasant stay.

Room tip: We had room 1106 with a small balcony and a fantastic Seaview. No noise either from other rooms so all good .
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 15, 2019

My family and I recently visited this hotel. The check in was shambolic. The breakfast was fairly good. Staff in the restaurant were friendly and efficient. Rooms were clean. However the water in the shower was not mixing therefore it was either too hot or too cold. In my daugher's room the light switches were not working properly and therefore She was unable to keep the bed side lamp at night for the baby. One switch control all the lights. If you needed any thing or help from house keeping they were very prompt.
You can get to the pier within minutes from the hotel.