“Fantastic stay....lovely hotel”
Review of MaeMar Hotel

MaeMar Hotel
Ranked #119 of 131 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

It was very comfy lovely stay...very nice hotel close to the beach and town centre . Thanks to Mandy she was very good and helping . Breakfast was tasty and yummy .rooms are very clean bathroom was spotless anger comfy beds . We will come back again

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Checked in as part of a group, was not sure what to expect after reading the reviews. But I make up my own mind and don't judge without seeing first hand. The staff were warm and welcoming, I asked four extra towels which were got for me straight away. Rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style and replenished when required.Would definitely stay again. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Let me start by saying, you get what you pay for & if you are after a really basic place to lay your head after a heavy night, then its bearable. But if you are not on a stag or hen do then avoid this place. To elaborate, the rooms are tiny, two beds to a room & so close together it may as well be a double bed, they are incredibly uncomfortable, the bar was almost empty of everything & what was available tasted off (stick to bottles!), they could only take card payments as they had no cash in the till, service was poor to non-existent and the breakfast was appalling, honestly not sure how you can ruin egg, bacon, beans and i think they were meant to be sausages so badly. other than that it was ok......

Room Tip: shop around, theres plenty better to chose from
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheDocs2013
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place was actually ok for the £35 we spent - a bit tired around the edges but good value for money. Basic Buffet breakfast was actually ok for the money, the Bar and TV area were all right for 1 night but I only got 2-3 hours sleep an the mattress on the bed was really bad - some of the springs had gone pop!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you want to have a relaxing weekend break, fellow travellers please do not even dare to go near this hotel. Why??? I stayed here for a weekend break. It turned into an absolute hell. Firstly, I got scalded when I had my first shower. I reported it nicely to reception and it was only checked out after 30 hours or so, then I had to ask reception again for the outcome of maintenance check, I was told that apparently the whole bathroom need to dismantled to find out why no cold water is coming out. I asked the receptionist (who is ignorant, arrogant and very unpleasant to deal with) if he could transfer me then to another room, he looked at me as if I have 3 heads. He said the hotel is fully booked which was not the case because the breakfast room is half empty every morning. (Breakfast is way too late too at 830am and you only have an hour to get your breakfast or you will have none at all). Instead, I was shown to use another public shower facility in their sister hotel which mean that I had to walk all over the hotel with my shower bag and towel on my shoulders. Then when I use, it was getting flooded and the shower head is full of scale that water could hardly come out. The noise in the hotel is unbearable too. The floor is extremely squeaky that could even wake up a sleeping Cinderella, The carpet is as old and smelly as you could imagine. The curtains are fallin off rails and appear to be unwashed for years. The brand new telly is remote controlled but there is no remote control. The main door of the hotel was serviced but it would not open that I had to use the door of their sister hotel. When i was checking out, there is no receptionist that i had to write a note to leave my room key. Thats after waiting for 20 minutes as there is no bell to attract attention.

If you want to test your patience, then this is the hotel you want to stay in.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ysmuckzchinali
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with family last weekend and it was perfect! Lovely clean spacious room, TV, shower room and comfy beds! The hotel is only mins from town and the full english breakfast buffet was delicious! Definitely going to stay again when I next visit Bournemouth! Thank you to all the staff x

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank klou18
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A arrived at the hotel and walked to the top floor to find a smelly small room, I came back down to the desk and they were very happy to offer me another room. The next room was a great size and comfortable bed. Great for a one night cheap stay.

• Stayed: December 2013