“Unreal venue and food !”

The Lost Garden Bournemouth
Ranked #50 of 57 Nightlife in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: The most incredible venue to eat, drink and dance.Beautiful decor, incredible cocktails, bottle table service, great food and an awesome party atmosphere make this the place to vist in Bournemouth.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I Spend most days in the lost garden and Im very rarely disappointed. The food is awesome and the drinks aren't to expensive , the music during the day is very good 'sing alongs' and the do at night is very good , it's a very cool new venue which has a lot of nice people in !

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The decor of this place is fantastic....so original and like nothing i have seen in Bournemouth before. The atmosphere is great - cocktails are delicious, and food is fresh & tasty (AND a good price...as 50% off on mondays, and special offers throughout the week)
The outdoor terrace is the winner for me, the perfect place to go with friends and chill out with a cocktail at any time, day or night!! Refreshing change here!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

I came here on a return visit for dinner with a couple of friends. I was really looking forward to having another cocktail in the funky monkey holder and to try one of there burgers, that many of my friends said were pretty good.
However, we were waiting for a couple of friends to arrive they were running 20 mins late. In that time myself and my other mates had spent that time deciding on our menu choice of burgers and sweet potatoe fries. When our friends arrived, we went to order. We were then told at 8.02 we could no longer order of this menu and had to choose off a very selected menu and would not be able to have chips or sweet potatoe fries. I told the waitress you haven't made that clear on your menu and I was very pissed off, as no one told us this before. I then ordered the 3 slider as I thought it would be a decent size but when it came out I was greatly disappointed, the burger size was shocking and the bread was very hard. I know they have just started up, but making customers aware that the menu changes at 8, in the premises would of make this visit a potentail excellent one. Although all that, I would visit agian.

CJM2410, Owner at The Lost Garden Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thanks for your review...
Apologies for your 8:02 ordering issue... I am pleased to announce that the extended food menu is now available until 9pm every night of the week.
As an apology for your specific issue I would like to offer you a free Putu The Monkey Cocktail on your next visit. Please drop by and pick up a cocktail voucher on us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

i was in need of a new venue for Bournemouth ! so i went to the lost garden , and how i was surprised !!! the décor is amazing so colourful and tranquil , waterfalls , bridges , stone and wood carvings everywhere , the outside seating is beautiful with a big Buddha head waterfall looking over everyone . so i went on the opening night where there was a few problems with queuing and the PDQ machine wasn't working but with any new business this always happens , i tried some of the cocktails which were great tasting and really fun !! they have drinks in monkey heads as well !! the music and just hole atmosphere was brilliant !! we had a great nights party !!
As i had such a good first night i wanted to try the food , so went down on the Monday lunchtime to find out it was half price Mondays , me and my girlfriend eat for near enough nothing , food was lovely and fresh ! the cocktails was great to again :0). all problems with the PDQ machines had been sorted and the staff where really friendly and helpful , i will definitely go back .

See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Been here twice now...the first time we went here was for a birthday. It was their second night open and we booked a VIP table. Promised a free cocktail each and only received one and when I questioned it they said they would see what they could do. We were left ignored for the rest of the night. Decided to let it go as they were busy and a new place has to find its feet...Even more put off when one of the 3 toilets for a supposedly busy bar was blocked and unusable meaning the queues were horrible. On the plus side the music played was good but seeing as the DJ is outsourced I didn't expect bad things. After a disappointing first night I tried this bar again in the early evening for a meal and cocktail. The service was shocking...It is one of those bars whose staff lack serious common sense. I went in looking for a cocktail but quickly decided against it for fear that I would be waiting an hour for it. They advertise Rekorderlig as one of their house drinks..of which only apple flavour was available as they had run out. I am not easily disappointed but was left speechless by this place. The staff had no idea what they were doing, no idea about customer service or manners and for two meals to be ordered at the same time, come 10 minutes apart and for one to be wrong..even for a middle of the road place like this is not right. The burger was ok. Nothing new and something I would only be happy to pay £6 for so they priced right on this one. Safe to say I will not be going again. This place had the potential to be amazing!

2  Thank rosieek
CJM2410, Owner at The Lost Garden Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hi,
Whilst I appreciate your feedback I am however concerned by the content.
When a VIP table is booked on a Saturday night cocktails unless pre-authorised are never given free. If we gave a free cocktail to every person sat on a VIP table we would be given away over £1000 worth of drinks every Saturday which would make absolutely no business sense...
One of the toilets did suffer a blockage that evening and was resolved the very next morning.
As for the service comment - all Lost Garden staff have gone through a strenuous training programme - we also have a member of The Great Britain cocktail team joining us on 1st August to take Bar standards to a level never seen in Bournemouth...
All burgers are home made and only use the finest ingredients (Aberdeen Angus select cuts of meat, brioche buns, secret sauce and fresh salad). To get a double burger of this quality for £6 is incredible...
I would very much like to invite you to visit us again and have a Rekorderlig (we have now quadrupled our weekly order due to unprecedented demand).
One thing I can promise you is that I will not stop until we have perfected everything.
Regards