“Big let down!!”

Lollipops Play Cafe Bournemouth
Ranked #31 of 71 things to do in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Owner description: 'Lollipops Play Cafe' is situated in Westbourne, in a beautifully converted church hall.It offers a fun, safe, clean and friendly haven to parents, carers and children alike. The inviting coffee shop enables parents/carers to relax and enjoy the homemade menu on offer while the little ones play on the 3 levels playframe.Ages 8 and under depending on time of the day - please check.
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Big let down!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Have boys aged 6 & 8 invited to a party here, however when we arrived I was informed it was for under 5's only! We were allowed in provided they kept the noise down & they were careful of other minors...the latter I understand but to keep the noise down in a soft play party environment?!?
We felt very unwelcome & owner seemingly rude.
Venue ideal for those wanting a very quiet boring party.

Visited December 2013
hotcocolate70, Owner at Lollipops Play Cafe Bournemouth, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
This is an unfair and unjustified poor review. The party you attended took place at 12pm on a weekday. At that time admissions are for 5years old and under. When you came in you told the manager the age of the children which were 6 and 8 and she said that unfortunately we are open to 5 and under only. At which point you said they were more "older" children coming. We (manager and myself) suggested that you waited on the allocated seats for the party until Birthday Mum would arrive, but asked for the children not to go on the frame.
After speaking to Birthday Mum - who admitted not having read the T&C of her Liveelite Deal - I EXCEPTIONALLY agreed for the older children to come in. Birthday Mum was concerned about the noise level, to which I asked her not to worry about but to please keep an eye on the older kids in case they became too boisterous. I NEVER nor my staff asked for the noise to be kept down. I doubt if the children had a boring and quiet party - they seemed very happy and lively to me. A couple of mums approached me to say what a lovely time they had. Birthday Mum was grateful the party could go ahead and was sorry about the confusion.

I didn't want 15 enthusiastic children to have their Christmas party spoilt and also I knew some of you came from far away (Blandford) but I could however have forbidden entry to the older ones - by simply following the rules... I have learned my lesson though !

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great party venue”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My daughter had her party here and it was great. Staff were so helpful and made every effort to make sure the party was a success. Lots of seating for parents who have a clear view of the play frame and their kids playing. Party was good value for money as well.

Visited March 2013
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place !”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We go to Lollipops regularly and love it. Welcoming, clean and fun. Went today with friends and kids from baby to 5 years old. We all had a great time. Food was nice and varied. My homemade soup really tasty, my friends loved their goats cheese & spinach omelette and bacon baguette. Kids loved their pizzas! Looking forward to my sons 5th birthday party in January.

Poole, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Starting to look a bit tired unfortunately”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Ideal for little ones but not so great once over 3. The soft play has started to rip and so have the chairs - the kids menu is good but not so great for adults. You often have to search through the cupboards in the toilets for the paper towel which is never in the dispenser. Last time we were there the safety gate was broken. Such a shame. The staff are really lovely though.

Visited November 2013
hotcocolate70, Owner at Lollipops Play Cafe Bournemouth, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
hi Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback.

I agree that the chairs are getting tired, we are therefore in the process of replacing them. We had all the big "loose" soft play equipment re-upholstered in the last few weeks. With regards to the gate, unfortunately a forceful parent damaged it and it took us a few days for an engineer to fix it... Luckily all is sorted now :-) I would love to hear your suggestions for addition to our Adults Menu... please feel free to email us on hello@lollipopsplaycafe.com. Looking forward to seeing you again. Carole x
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Amazing Halloween Disco!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Took my 4 and 6 year old up lollipops for the Halloween disco,it was fantastic! The staff were so friendly and made a massive effort to interactive with the kids! Really hope to go to more events like this at lollipops,as it couldn't have been any better!