“Very Good”
Review of The clock cafe - CLOSED

The clock cafe
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the beautifully maintained Boscombe Chine Gardens leading down to the award winning beach and surf reef!We offer freshly prepared coffee, over 20 speciality teas,local beers,local cider & British wines as well as wonderful light lunches and seafood specials during the day and yummy hand made cakes & treats. 'Pick a fish' nights every thursday and live music/BBQ's throughout the summer months but booking is essential as we fill up very quick!!Every sunday we offer our very popular Sunday Roasts, with a choice of 2 joints with all the trimmings or pick a fish from our fish counter!!See our website for offers and all our menus!!We also cater for private parties, kids 'crazy golf'parties or any occasion you want!!Free exclusive use of the venue(subject to conditions)
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A lovely restaurant with a decent variety of food to suit most palates. Shellfish is their speciality but still plenty if you don't want shellfish' they also offer Gluten free bread/rolls which is a rarity.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ellard45

London, United Kingdom
“Hidden treasure of a restaurant!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We found The Clock Café by accident! We were looking for somewhere to have lunch and saw the building from the street not knowing what it would have to offer. We were really pleased that we bothered to investigate it as we had a delicious Sunday Lunch - there was a choice of meat, we all chose the turkey which came with stuffing, Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes and a great selection of fresh vegetables.
The staff were all really friendly and the chef came out to see if we'd enjoyed our food - which we most certainly had! There were notices on the table advertising themed evenings which looked fun!
There are offers to combine a meal with a round of Crazy Golf and also the opportunity to hire the restaurant out for private parties too.
I hope more and more people come to know of The Clock Café as it's a place that deserves to be well-supported - it's a local restaurant offering good quality food at the right price.

• Visited February 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Great food at a fantastic price!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I have enjoyed Sunday lunch at the Clock Cafe a couple of times now, as well as some visits to the Fish Supper evenings of last year. I have never been disappointed, Matt is a gifted chef, so the dishes are as tasty as they always look. I live within walking distance, so why would I go anywhere else to eat out???!

Visited February 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Truely the best food ive had in a long time!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Myself and 3 others came to The Clock Cafe for lunch and I have to say I was very impressed, all the food is cooked to order and all homemade, The location is lovely too with the cafe overlooking beautiful gardens! I was also impressed when I picked up a leaflet of all the up and coming theme evenings, steak nights, paella night and valentines evening all very good prices but was a little disappointed that some of these evenings are already fully booked, so I will be booking in advance for the next nights.
Ive heard the sunday roasts are amazing so will be coming back very soon and I may book them to cater for my daughters birthday party

• Visited January 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The BEST cream tea EVER!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having eaten cream teas on (far too!) Many occasions, very often in Devon and Cornwall I can honestly say that the chef Matt's scones were the lightest, tastiest with just the right amount of currents my friend and I have EVER tasted! Good enough to stop off if on a journey that passes by! Fabulous!!

• Visited January 2014