“Great food at a fantastic price!”
Review of The clock cafe - CLOSED

The clock cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the beautifully maintained Boscombe Chine Gardens leading down to the award winning beach and surf reef!We offer freshly prepared coffee, over 20 speciality teas,local beers,local cider & British wines as well as wonderful light lunches and seafood specials during the day and yummy hand made cakes & treats. 'Pick a fish' nights every thursday and live music/BBQ's throughout the summer months but booking is essential as we fill up very quick!!Every sunday we offer our very popular Sunday Roasts, with a choice of 2 joints with all the trimmings or pick a fish from our fish counter!!See our website for offers and all our menus!!We also cater for private parties, kids 'crazy golf'parties or any occasion you want!!Free exclusive use of the venue(subject to conditions)
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have enjoyed Sunday lunch at the Clock Cafe a couple of times now, as well as some visits to the Fish Supper evenings of last year. I have never been disappointed, Matt is a gifted chef, so the dishes are as tasty as they always look. I live within walking distance, so why would I go anywhere else to eat out???!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Myself and 3 others came to The Clock Cafe for lunch and I have to say I was very impressed, all the food is cooked to order and all homemade, The location is lovely too with the cafe overlooking beautiful gardens! I was also impressed when I picked up a leaflet of all the up and coming theme evenings, steak nights, paella night and valentines evening all very good prices but was a little disappointed that some of these evenings are already fully booked, so I will be booking in advance for the next nights.
Ive heard the sunday roasts are amazing so will be coming back very soon and I may book them to cater for my daughters birthday party

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having eaten cream teas on (far too!) Many occasions, very often in Devon and Cornwall I can honestly say that the chef Matt's scones were the lightest, tastiest with just the right amount of currents my friend and I have EVER tasted! Good enough to stop off if on a journey that passes by! Fabulous!!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've visited the cafe numerous times and loved the location, the coffee, the food and the ambience...This evening Matt's proved he can create a bespoke event with fantastic food even if things are a little cosy!
We had a 2-course meal for 20 and everyone loved their food. It was so nice to have the personal touch from first enquiry to saying goodbye.
Thanks Matt!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We made the trip from Southampton especially to visit The Clock and play Crazy Golf on Boxing Day just gone.
Lovely fresh food served here made by a passionate chef. I would recommend the Seafood Chowder, very tasty and served piping hot.My girlfriend had the Welsh Rarebit and was of the same opinion of her dish.
Very helpful and friendly staff, and I thank them for giving up their day to make ours and many other peoples Boxing Day that bit more special.
Well done Clock Cafe,
Richard.

Matthew B, Manager at The clock cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Many thanks for your kind words, we are dedicated to make sure everybody who visits us gets a great experiece and service that will want you to come back to try something new!!