“Great Colcannon.”

O'Neill's Bournemouth
Ranked #278 of 742 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: You'll always find a warm welcome at O'Neill's in Bournemouth. Ours is a place where you're free to go with the flow. Where great food and drink is always served with a smile. And where, no matter whether you're a regular or a newcomer, our friendly team will make you feel at home. Irish pubs are known for their hospitality - a point we love proving here at O'Neill's in Bournemouth. We are one of the best pubs in Bournemouth for Irish food, drink and atmosphere. Come and see for yourself - drop by for a bite to eat, to watch some sport, to enjoy our live music or just for the craic. Slainte!
London, United Kingdom
“Great Colcannon.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I called here recently for Lunch when I had a few days in Bournemouth.
The Ultimate Sausage and Colcannon was delicious washed down with a Pint of Smithwicks.
There was no Music when I called, I will return another time.
Great service from the friendly Irish barman.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Brilliant friendly lively pub with live music sensibly priced drinks and a great atmosphere!! Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good night out!!

Visited September 2013
Exeter
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Maybe if they served us...”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I recently went to Bournemouth for a weekend away, we had a nice time around the town and at about 10:30 we walked up to the bar in O'Neill's to order a cocktail and a coke. 15 minutes we stood there attempting to get both the barman's attention and service. Both made eye contact with us occasionally but carried on serving other people, other customers were just walking up to the bar and ordering their drinks and getting served almost immediately but we for some reason were ignored! Sorry to say we won't be returning.

1 Thank James2898
Bedford
“Great Bar!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Bar split into 2 area's. First area is a traditional bar with seating and TV. Second area hosts live music. Both bars are great, beer is kept well, great look and feel to the place.

Visited September 2013
“Fantastic place to go for a great night out”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've never eaten here so this review is about the night life (although I have heard from colleagues it's lovely food-wise). This is one of my favourite bars in Bournemouth. I don't know what it advertises itself as but I would imagine it's a 25 and older age group. It's a great place if you don't want to be surrounded by messing youngsters and pop music. They always have live bands at the weekends and although some of them will never "make it" they are always good enough to dance and have a laugh to. There is seating or standing, whichever you prefer and although by the band can be quite loud and not great for chatting, there are other areas in the bar which are better if you want to go for a few quiet ones and a chat. I love the atmosphere here, very easy and casual and not in the slightest bit pretentious. Getting served is always relatively quick and the bar staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. I really don't have anything bad to say about the place!