“Family restaurant, good Italian food, warm welcome”
Review of Bellaggio

Bellaggio
Ranked #18 of 800 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived, an evening here is wrapped in the warmth of the owners and staff who throughout ensured we had a lovely evening.

There's a broad mix of pizzas, pastas (good and wide variety of sauces over penne, linguine, spaghetti etc) and selection of specials on offer each day. The premises are unlicensed so if you'd like wine or beer then bring your own - there is a £3 corkage fee. On the whole the food was excellent. Homemade garlic and olive foccacia was delicious; the pastas - one was a carbonnara the other ham, pea and mushroom - very tasty. Pizza, thin, crisp, nice texture and flavour, with generous toppings (we tried the Italian salami, tomato and mozzarella, adding on a couple of things). Best bit of the meal was, however, the tiramisu. With all things being home made this was outstanding, absolutely sublime dessert, as best as we've ever tasted save for that made by one of our Italian friends!

The restaurant is more like a bistro/cafe, lively and brightly lit. The open kitchen and close interaction between the chefs with the staff and customers makes it feel all the more authentic and very much a family run business. There's little if anything to gripe about here. We'd maybe tone the lighting down but on the food side the only slight disappointment was the calamari starter - quite chewy and thin pieces of squid within thick batter (so no variety nor the light batter coating you'd normally expect).

Overall though, top drawer. Eating early, by 7.30 the place was buzzing and we'd advise booking in advance. Lots of on street parking nearby and also right outside there are a few spaces too. Very reasonable prices, for 3 of us the total was just over £40. A place we'll certainly add on to our list of affordable every day options and a good place to go with friends. Worth heading to for a relaxing night out, most definitely. Was a wide range of ages, families, couples and larger groups when we went. A step up from a Pizza Express by a long way and much more enjoyable.

1  Thank Trevorw38

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Living just across the road from Bellagio we saw that it was always busy and decided to give it a try. As we had not made a reservation we decided just to have their take out and were very pleasantly surprised! The staff were lovely and chatted to me as they made my pizza, it was great to them actually preparing it especially as the chef properly twirls the pizza dough around, very entertaining! The pizza itself was very tasty and it had a nice thin base which is what I like in a pizza, it was very reasonably priced too. We thoroughly enjoyed our food and went back later for some ice cream which was equally as tasty, we shall definitely be going there again!

1  Thank R0sie_Rose
Reviewed November 15, 2013

On a recent Tuesday, in lieu of Dominoe's 2-4-1 offer, the girlfriend and I decided to give Bellagio a go for a take-away.

Now, despite their lack of delivery service, it was honestly one of the best take-away experiences that I've had to date. And, moreover, I'll tell you why:

- The Food: First and foremost, the Pizza was delicious. The crust was perfectly crispy, the variety and generosity of toppings was incredible and the portion was deceptively large. Additionally, the sides (Garlic Bread with Mozzarella & Antipasti) were fantastic.

- The Service: The order was taken efficiently and ready for collection within 15 minutes. Upon entering, the staff were extremely friendly and compiled the order quickly.

- The Price: As a student, price is key. With the majority of Pizzas coming in at £6 or below (excluding additional toppings), it's roughly equivalent to a 2-4-1 from Dominoe's and the quality is infinitely higher.

Overall, I would highly recommend the Bellagio to anyone who wants a frugal slice of premium Italian.

1  Thank Charlie A
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This evening I had the pleasure to dine at Bellagio in Wimborne road Bournemouth!
Being Italian myself I was a bit worried about the experience!
How wrong was I !!!
Not only the food was really nice, freshly cooked and tasting amazing, the cooks are real Italians and they know what the real deal is!!!
This was by far one of the most amazing meals I have had in Bournemouth ever!
I highly recommend this place, having driven past many times never ventured it before and I know now I was missing on something seriously special in my local area!
If you are looking for a nice meal, home cooked and a really good atmosphere then Bellagio is the place to be!
I definitely will go back again and bring along some friends!
Thank you very much to all the Bellagio team!!

2  Thank Romolo_Lanzi
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

I'd never contemplated frequenting any of the eateries at the end of Wimborne Road, but on the recommendation of friends, my partner and I ventured up for a meal. The food and service are amazing, so much so, that we're planning on returning next weekend!

2  Thank Michael P