“Italian gastronomy comes to Winton”
Review of Bellaggio

Bellaggio
Ranked #16 of 788 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I can’t believe it, a truly authentic Italian Pizza restaurant herein Winton, Bournemouth. The restaurant itself is compact and bijou with a lovely bright yellow interior that welcomes you in and makes you feel at home. The menu is traditional pizza and pasta, but this is no ordinary deep pan thick crust sling it on a plate place, with a slop of Bolognese sauce for the over cooked pasta. The chef makes the pizza dough fresh everyday and due to the restaurant being open plan, you can sit and watch as the chef tears off a dough ball, rolls it, dust’s with flour, and then flips it in the air, spinning the pizza like all good Italian Piazza chefs do into a good dinner plate size pizza. The pizza is baked in a traditional stone oven which also keeps the restaurant lovely and warm in the winter. The lunch time starter of Pizza or pasta with a free salad has got to be the best value for money lunch deal anywhere in Dorset in my opinion. So what are you waiting for, get yourself to Bellagio’s in Winton for the best Pizza you will find outside of Italy.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am always skeptical about italian restaurants abroad and so walked in suspicious. It took 2 minutes to convince me this would be my venue of choice for italian food in bournemouth. Max (the chef) is great entertainement and gets the food absolutely right with a pinch of art in the presentation. The staff is friendly and welcoming everytime. This is not a big fancy place but a warm little independent restaurant which will leave your mouth watering until the next time you visit!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here after reading some reviews on here, but got the wrong end of the stick I think. It's a very small area with no room to manoeuvre (basically a take away space with tables and chairs squeezed in) and so it was packed out and very noisy. The food we had was fine, just not how I like to spend an evening if I decide to dine out. It is what it is, and they seem nice people, but it wasn't for me i'm afraid.

2  Thank dougill88
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited on a Friday evening, excellent service and food, we brought our own alcohol and we we were only charged £5 corkage. Food was amazing, 5 of us had starters, main and dessert and coffee for only £61!!! Amazing prices, highly recommended

Reviewed May 31, 2013

3 of us dined..... Service excellent - friendly and relaxed.

Bought a bottle of red wine from their partner off licence a few doors away so no corkage charge as I got a receipt - would rather fund local businesses anyway than supermarket chains!

Starter of cheesy garlic bread x 2 and a focaccia - far too much but really yummy. Had to leave some to make room for mains. Then lasagne, calzone and a pizza. Really fresh, tasty AND big. Bring your appetites!

Def coming back here. It's great. Lovely chill out music too!

The only issue raised by my boys was that there was no lock on the Gents toilet - I didn't go to the loo so can't confirm. Hopefully the owners will address this if true, as they both visited and were gate crashed lol