“Simple and excelent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I am always skeptical about italian restaurants abroad and so walked in suspicious. It took 2 minutes to convince me this would be my venue of choice for italian food in bournemouth. Max (the chef) is great entertainement and gets the food absolutely right with a pinch of art in the presentation. The staff is friendly and welcoming everytime. This is not a big fancy place but a warm little independent restaurant which will leave your mouth watering until the next time you visit!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here after reading some reviews on here, but got the wrong end of the stick I think. It's a very small area with no room to manoeuvre (basically a take away space with tables and chairs squeezed in) and so it was packed out and very noisy. The food we had was fine, just not how I like to spend an evening if I decide to dine out. It is what it is, and they seem nice people, but it wasn't for me i'm afraid.

2  Thank dougill88
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited on a Friday evening, excellent service and food, we brought our own alcohol and we we were only charged £5 corkage. Food was amazing, 5 of us had starters, main and dessert and coffee for only £61!!! Amazing prices, highly recommended

Reviewed May 31, 2013

3 of us dined..... Service excellent - friendly and relaxed.

Bought a bottle of red wine from their partner off licence a few doors away so no corkage charge as I got a receipt - would rather fund local businesses anyway than supermarket chains!

Starter of cheesy garlic bread x 2 and a focaccia - far too much but really yummy. Had to leave some to make room for mains. Then lasagne, calzone and a pizza. Really fresh, tasty AND big. Bring your appetites!

Def coming back here. It's great. Lovely chill out music too!

The only issue raised by my boys was that there was no lock on the Gents toilet - I didn't go to the loo so can't confirm. Hopefully the owners will address this if true, as they both visited and were gate crashed lol

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Do not go here If you're expecting fine dining, stuffed crusts and wine poured at your table. This is a traditional Italian "cafe" style eatery. You have table service but no bar menu as such, corkage is offered at £3 and the off licence on the same side of the road next to Waitrose is owned by the same people so if you buy beer or wine from there the corkage is not charged. (Get a receipt though) The menu is small but more than adequate. It consists of starters, pastas, 12 inch pizzas, salads and deserts. They use their stone baked oven to perfection and the pizzas are hands down the best in town. The pasta is also exquisite and I'd definitely recommend the tiramisu as its all perfectly homemade and I can't pick fault in it. I visited on a Tuesday and it was that nice I ordered a take away on the Friday. Loved it. As a side note its a bargain! £5.95 for he most expensive pizza and £4 for the pasta. Can't fault it.

1  Thank Jon K