“stonehenge and salisbury cathedral - a good afternoon out”

Discover Dorset Tours
Ranked #2 of 13 Tours in Bournemouth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our tours provide access to beautiful and historic places plus fast and efficient services to some of the most fascinating cities in Southern England.
“stonehenge and salisbury cathedral - a good afternoon out”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I would recommend the trip. Very interesting and informative I enjoyed it. A good way to see stonehenge and salisbury cathedral in one day. I thought there was just the right amount of time at each site to see everything.
I would recommend this trip.

• Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A great adventure at Dorset Coast”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

This tour was absolutely ace. We had a very beautiful day, very sunny though a bit freezing!!
We saw so many different sights in such a short period that time flew!
I was very happy to get to see many places in just one day in a way that probably on my own I wouldn't have been able to do it.
The tour guide was very friendly and patient! He was always very open to answer any question about the trip or even about getting around England.
In terms of organization everything worked according to plan. I was picked up on time and we came back at the time scheduled.
I totally recomend this tour specially if you have nice warm weather because when you get to the beach all you want to do is get there and maybe have a swim!

Visited January 2013
Berlin, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Jurassic Coast Express”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I booked my tour the night before as a result of a last-minute decision. Friends had highly recommended visiting the Jurassic Coast. Since I booked after office hours, I wasn't able to phone and make sure everything would work out on such short notice, but it did anyway, I was picked on time, even though I was the only one to choose that pick up spot. Steve, the driver, told us a lot about the area we were driving through, and tried to get us to talk to one another, which worked.
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this experience and will try to take one of your city tours (e.g. Bath Express) some time soon.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Jessie2310
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral Afternoon Tour”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Had quite an exciting time during the tour. Steve, our guide and driver, picked me up on time and gave us - although sadly, only two of us were on the trip - good background stories of the places we were to visit. Although the Stonehenge entrance fee was a bit pricey, the audio guide was well worth the experience. Also, the Salisbury Cathedral was absolutely magnificent. The tour for these two places is best during the afternoon, indeed, as the Sun is a vital component to making visitors see the grandeur of the world wonders that they are. I think I will go on other Discover Dorset tours while I am in the UK.

Visited November 2012
India
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Stonehenge Day Tour & Jurassic Express”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

100% recommended.we took both the tours and plan to have the Bath tour before we leave Bournemouth.The drivers were very knowledgeable and explained about the attractions before we went for the sightseeing.Would like to convey our best wishes to Steve who was our guide on the Stonehenge tour and Tim who was with us on the Jurassic Express.

Would like to also state the fact that as due to bad weather,we were unable to spend much time at duddle door during our Jurassic express tour, our driver Tim took the initiative to show us Corfe Castle on our way back which is amazing.

Thank you so much.