“Quick visit”
Review of The Terrace Bistro

The Terrace Bistro
Ranked #323 of 825 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Terrace Cafe, situated adjacent to the Bournemouth Pavilion, has stunning views across the Lower Gardens towards the bay. Enjoy quality wines and a taste of some of the region's finest produce from the outdoor terrace seating area or within the contemporary glass-fronted cafe. Whether it's a coffee, gourmet sandwich and cake during the day, or a glass of wine and delicious bistro style platter in the evening, The Terrace Cafe is ideal for pre-theatre dining or relaxed informal gatherings.
Reviewed February 2, 2016 via mobile

I only popped in to ask if the lift was working (they said not). More importantly the two girls behind the counter, those who would be serving drinks, food etc., the dark haired one was doing the blonde one's hair. Just sat there. Behind the counter. That alone is enough to put me off returning for any food or drink!

AlexRobertson, Manager at The Terrace Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Dear Caz160

Thank you for your review on The Terrace Bistro Bournemouth.

I have passed your comments on to our Terrace Bistro Manager who will be speaking to the staff members in question and giving them refresher training.

Reviewed December 15, 2015

My partner and I visited here on Sunday after a long bike ride along the seafront. It was a cold day and we both needed a jot drink to warm us up before the ride back home.

The place was tidy and well staffed, with a nice atmosphere and ample space. I ordered a mocha and my partner a latte. The drinks were very nice indeed, but a bit over-priced based on my experience. They were standard sized coffee cups and the cost for these drinks was a tad under £7 in total.

Apart from that, we sat outside on the terrace upstairs and enjoyed the sea view and I have to say the mocha was very nice!

AlexRobertson, Manager at The Terrace Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2015

Dear Robjp681

Thank you for your review on The Terrace Bistro.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience and your mocha!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 30, 2015

We pre-booked a dinner before heading off to the Pavilion for The Magic of Motown show.
Positives... We arrived early so food service was quick and we didn't have to wait for our food, The waitress was polite, welcoming and attentive. The meat option was reasonable, chicken, mash with spring onion and root vegetables with gravy. It arrived hot and both my companions were happy.
Negatives.....This menu has been the same for months. One choice of main and one choice of veggie. The vegetarian potato gratin arrived straight from the fridge, and 'stone cold' didn't even cover it. The dish had clearly been made hours before and stored in a very cold place. I mentioned this to the waitress who offered to get the chef to 'cook me another one' but re-heated microwaved food isn't something appealing to me so I declined. Had it been warm it may have tasted of something other than waxy potato. Cheese would have been an improvement. The red cabbage accompaniment was steaming hot and the root veg, the same as the my friends.
We were offered one desert, the chocolate and cherry torte with cream. This was delicious and very rich. The table next to us had a different waitress and were offered a choice of two deserts!
I won't be booking the pre-dinner again although judging by the gorgeous smell of garlic as we entered the bistro and the lovely array of cakes on show, must mean the chef can cook something other than chicken, mash and cold potato gratin!
Had the waitress service been any different, I would have rated the terrace bistro as 'terrible' but because of the quality and choice of food, couldn't quite award it 'average'

Reviewed October 20, 2015 via mobile

I love this place. The coffee is really good and the cakes are delicious! It is classy but at the same time is family friendly. My daughter loves the place and the atmosphere. The position is really strategic and if you have the chance to sit outside during the summer is really beautiful and relaxing.

AlexRobertson, Manager at The Terrace Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear cristal86

Thank you for your review on The Terrace Bistro Bournemouth.

I am pleased to hear you enjoy your visits along with the coffee and cake!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2015

Cup of tea with my granddaughter. Quiet place and good view across the gardens etc. Large selection of cakes!

AlexRobertson, Manager at The Terrace Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2015

Dear Alph

Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed your visit at The Terrace Bistro Bournemouth.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.