“Great thoughtful manager...NOT”

Manchester Hotel
Ranked #65 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Great thoughtful manager...NOT”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel on the Saturday the 25th of may 2012 this hotel is very basic and dated but the most shocking thing is the attitude of the manager. We arrived back from a night out to find 1 of the beds (double room) soaking wet and water dripping from the ceiling and although they changed the bed straight away, as soon as we mentioned the word refund the manager said "it's not his F'in fault" and that we were "opportunist" and "money doesn't grow on trees" and then blacklisted us from the hotel because he changed the bed straight away (minimum requirement in my eyes). His attitude was very poor and we expected more. Any other hotel would of thrown in a free nite on another visit or a £20 bar voucher at least but not this fella he prefers to swear and ban his customers through no fault of their own top bloke!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank Samgam2383

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Worcestershire
Reviewed May 19, 2012

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel we were apprehensive, what a pleasant surprise then when we found that the hotel had just been refurbished.
Our room was large, clean and comfortable, the staff was very helpful and the food was good.
There were minor niggles, no shower in our room, but lashings of hot water for a bath, our room was subject to noise from the entertainment in the ballroom, many staircases to cope with, this might bother someone disabled.
A major plus point is that there is easy access to both town and beaches.
It represented incredible value for money and we will certainly visit again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Granddadgrump
Dartford
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday (31 March 2012) as part of a hen party. This seems to be what this hotel (and many others) cater for. It can only be described as DEPRESSING. The communal areas are very tired looking. My twin bedroom was very basic and not particularly comfortable and the windows were filthy. The curtains were probably considered modern in 1965, but I doubt they'd been taken down since then! However, the bathroom was clean even though hot water was intermittent, but I was lucky as some people didn't have any hot water. It was probably the worst breakfast I had ever been served...the cheapest of the cheap sausage, rasher of bacon and watery baked beans; I managed to eat the poached egg, but gave up with the rest!

Room Tip: Higher room are quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Sheffield
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I stay at the Manchester with both family and friends every year and have for many years. The location is perfect, only 5 minutes from the seafront. The prices are great, the staff service is impeccable! They bend over backwards to help, are very friendly and sociable, and join in the fun. The hotel and rooms are immaculate. The suggestion of bedbugs is ludicrous! The bedding is always fresh and clean.

The food is fantastic! A traditional English breakfast and a great selection for the evening meal, even for fussy children- when they wanted food not listed on the menu, the chef offered to cook anything they liked even when the hotel was busy.

The hotel is perfect for families, with great entertainment. Singers, comedians, a large ballroom with a dance floor. It is equally good for groups of friends, a lively atmosphere in the hotel bar and only a short walk to the main stretch of nightclubs.

The reviews do not give The Manchester the credit it deserves. For me, the hotel makes the holiday and I would recommend it to anyone!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank SEW92
Hertfordshire
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Yes I think it’s time to put the record straight about the Manchester Hotel in Bournemouth!!

This is an independent review, I’m not a competitor; I’m not a friend, just an honest review from a third party that has now stayed there…………..

My wife and the mother-in-law plus I stayed at the Manchester from Friday 23rd December up to the 27th December i.e. the whole Christmas period.
There were / are no bed bugs, there are faults, things in certain areas i.e. the bath rooms are a little tired, but ok, it took a while for the hotel to feel warm.
But the hospitality the general friendliness, value for money you could not fault.
Food we thought was excellent, extras like mould wine, sherry, Christmas cake, and mince pies tea coffee were free gratis.
Drink prices? I wish I had a local charging these prices; I’d be a happy bunny.

I don’t know how I’d feel if I went there when a Stag / Hen night was on, but that’s up to you as an individual to find out before you go.

Only about 300 yards from beautiful beaches, not that I actually went for a dip in December, although there were people in the sea Christmas day / Boxing Day “nutters” but everyone to their own.

Go with an open mind and enjoy, WE DID.

Ray Nye

Room Tip: Ring the hotel, tell them what you require. They will help you with out a doubt
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank malray
bognor
Reviewed December 28, 2011

staff very friendly and food was excellent but that was the plus side. The bedroom was so hot we could sleep and the rest of the hotel was very cold, they said the boiler had broken down, so instead of wearing our evening wear we were dressed for an outdoor trip with thick jumpers on. the lift didnt work properly and it was conitinually breaking down bearing in mind most of the guest were in thier 70s and 80s. The entertainment was dreadful. needless to say I wont be going back there, and on our last evening when booking out we had a more serious problem that I am unable to discuss and the hotel are aware of it

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank alice a
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2011

just had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel, we were in a coach party of 90. ok its not the ritz but value for money well worth it.room was clean and tidy with fresh bedding.plenty of hot water.staff were really helpfull and the food exellent.not the 1st time weve stopped here and certainly not the last.thanks for a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ray s
MHOTELBMTH, Front Office Manager at Manchester Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear RayS

Thank you for your very kind review, we are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We are looking forward to your future visit.

Kind Regards