“Great hotel in a great location!”
Review of Burley Court Hotel

and 1 more site!
Burley Court Hotel
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed September 2, 2013

When we arrived we found the customer service by the staff great. Very welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and spacious with ensuite bathroom.
Location is fantastic for restaurants, bars and the beach!
Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank stuartclarke

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in March 30 2013,
Firstly the room was so dated e.g 1960's, Smelly, Dirty & Rancid.
It was the only hotel left in Bournemouth and we needed somewhere to stay at Easter.
We contacted them they said £80 for the night, Though after looking at their website, doesnt seem to bad so we booked. "Although the staff told us it was a £30.00 room when we got there and was supprised we had paid so much) Even though we booked directly through the Manager of the hotel over the phone)
We stayed the night in this dated hotel, when my girlfriend and I work in the morning we were both covered in itches, as though there was bed buggs, We got up and shook the sheets only to find a used condom within the sheets, which flicked onto the floor. Yuk.
After almost vomiting, we told the staff on check out, which they said "sorry".
We then contacted by email to make a small complaint.
They seemed very concerned at the time and said they would look into it straight away.
My partner said she had a call from them to say she would get a refund as this was a very serious complaint.

This never happened, she then contacted them on several occaisions asking about the refund, was given many excuses, "e.g. the owners are in another country and can only do refunds themselves" We pushed harder for our refund and they then came back with a statment to say that they belive we put the condom there in order to obtain a refund, they also many other things which made no sense I mean a 5yr old child handling the complaint would have made more sense!
They have wasted our time, called us stupid, lied about the cleanliness of the room and accussed us of deception.
This was the worst customer of service I have ever experianced, we have written documentation of their accusations and stupidity.

I would be happy to pass this on to The Press if needed and anyone who wants a copy!

We still have not got our refund its been months.
We will never go there again and would urge other not too, unless its to demonlish the place, as it really needs it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lordstarr111
Reviewed August 28, 2013

it was a lovely welcome by luke the manager and the room was very clean. i stayed in room 31 only 2 ploboms i had was the bathroom door did not close and 2 you could only connect to the hotels free wifi in the lounge area and the bar not my room and the food was very nice but no beans and mushrooms but overall a very nice and welcoming stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the 2nd floor and are at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Not sure why there are so many poor reviews of this hotel. The room was airy and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the location very good, the facilities excellent and all in all an very nice place to stay. ,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Driving in to the car park the place doesn't look too bad, the entrance hall similar that's where it ends. Given key card for rooms 15 & 16 as we booked parent adjoining room for our two children. I asked for the password for the WiFi which I was given but you can only access this in the bar or dining area not your room. We walked up to our room and couldn't believe our eyes. The rooms have not been updated or decorated since the 1960's. Old radio above the bed in the kids room, windows don't close properly (main rd) and old electric bar heater in the bathroom. The place is weird, white paint over more paint and more paint. Honestly you couldn't make it up. We only had one night (thankfully) as on route home from Cornwall. We went out in the evening and then came back to get some sleep. Ha ha doors slamming, squeaky beds squeaky floor boards and road traffic noise so awoke tired and went for breakfast..... waiting to be seated and after the waitress decided we were not on the list got a waiter who then made us up a breakfast table. We then waited for 20 minutes before they took our order. The hotel was full European guests which is fine (bet they couldn't read this trip advisor!) I ordered for our children and asked if toast came with the breakfast, the waiter said "K" I thought I was in Fawlty Towers! The prices they charge for this hotel is unbelievable, I would say save money and book a travelodge! Never again!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank StellaLover
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed in early July with an elderly relative at this hotel . We have never in many years of staying in hotels in this country and all over the world experienced such a poor quality hotel. Although our room was acceptable (just) in cleanliness, our radiator was on full blast for two days during the very hot spell . The management admitted knowing of this problem and did attend to it in due course. Breakfast was just about acceptable but tables were never laid properly, guests having to help themselves to cruets etc., from other tables Dinner had to be ordered at the breakfast table The food at dinner was totally unacceptable, the main courses in particular being virtually inedible. Desserts were the same gateaux trotted out all week with only the smallest portion served. Tinned peaches, ice cream only alternative. The restaurant were totally untrained but did try their best. On the last morning our 96 year old relative was ordered in the middle of her breakfast to meet with the director and his son in the lounge. My wife and I insisted on attending which clearly did not wont. A most unpleasant "discussion" ensued where we were accused of trying to "con" them resulting in our relative being most upset and tearful . The bombastic and rude way this matter was dealt with was a disgrace . Having been reliably advised not to pay the bill to pay for drinks only with a credit card and put this in the hands of our solicitor. The final insult came when I received my monthly credit card statement only to find all three accounts had been charged to me without my consent. This is now being investigated. I hope that this rather lengthy report will warn any future holiday maker of the perils of working through the doors of this hotel .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank stuart p
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I have refrained from putting a review on as I was hoping that the refund promised would be made.
I stayed with my boyfriend for one night , the room was dirty , including the bedding and the bathroom.
The service was poor and when we tried to complain on check-out this was not received well, the comment "you did pay a lot for that room" did also come up.
Despite making numerous complaints , I am still awaiting a response and am very disappointed that this has not occured.
I travel to Bournemouth a few times a year , but will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple