“"A week in September"”

Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Greenhithe
“"A week in September"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Burley Court Hotel from the 13th September 2012 for one week. This is one of several previous stays at the hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful as always. On this particular visit the weather was sunny, so we made good use of the hotel's beach hut, which is free to use and excellently situated near the pier and all the local amenaties. Most evenings we would sit around the leafy swimming pool area and relax. We always look forward to choosing from the evening menu and its wide variety of meals. We are looking forward to returning in the Spring time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Czech first
Knowle,Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visited this privately owned and run hotel(possibly the only one in Bournemouth)and received a very pleasant and professional welcome.Our accomodation had recently been refurbished except for the bathroom which looked a little tired,some of our lights did not work and the curtains needed some t.l.c.to put right,the beds were comfortable and the room a good size.The lounge would not have been out of place at a four star hotel neither would the dining room which was well lit and carried an extensive menu,all choices being well presented,plenty of it and of a high standard and served by v ery helpful courteous staff.We would imagine the outside pool would be very popular in the summer months.The location of the hotel would appeal to both car and none car guests,public transport adjacent for those wanting to take a rest from motoring On the final downside we felt the hotel was rather cool for our tastes,nonetheless we shall be going back again in the none to distant future

Room Tip: ground floor rooms are available for those not wishing to either use the lift or walk the stairs
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Having found this hotel whilst looking on the internet, my husband & i were not sure quite what expect, especially as I had not visited Bournemouth before.
On arrival, we were immediately struck by how lovely & spacious the main lounge area was, and during the course of our stay, I actually felt comfortable enough to sit in the said lounge area just chilling out & removing my shoes.....lovely!!
The food, and choice of food, was well cooked, and we thoroughly enjoyed all our meals.
We found the hotel to be very easy to get around, especially as my husband and I are both disabled.
The only negative thing I would say is that there maybe the need to install some sort of enclosed changing facilities in the swimming pool area, which in my opinion would allow more people to make use of this facility.
In short....my husband & I LOVED IT...and we will DEFINITELY return!!

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Whilst our room was quite clean we were amazed at how dated and shabby it was. Luckily we were only staying for one night. I pity anyone who books this hotel for an entire week! The room was so bad as to be almost amusing. They had clearly spent not a single penny on the room since the late 1960s. During our thankfully brief stay I found the staff to be friendly enough. The breakfast was average at best.
I’m amazed that others have given it anything other than TERRIBLE. I can only guess that those excellent reviews are not genuine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matthew H

Travelers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Pleasant family-run hotel, well located in central Bournemouth, shops and beachfront readily accessible,with free car parking space. Outdoor pool. Newly refurbished lounge, friendly service,tasty food. Good value. Comfortable bed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed there with my wife and two boys, good staff , very friendly. You will receive an excellent welcome, my boys loved the swimming pool which is a very nice one. Rooms are nice, bed is big enough, and the boys enjoyed their own bed. Breakfast is great as well with a large choice .
Really enjoyed my stay in this hotel, and I probably go back there next year.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MrRobinsonLondon
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I took my family [6 adults and 6 grandchidren] for a 3 night last minute break to coincide with Bournmouth Airshow.
The Burley quoted us a competetive price and we enjoyed our stay.
The big pluses were location,on site parking and a good sized swimming pool which my grandchildren used on every possible occassion .
The breakfast was excellent and the reception rooms where large,airey and well decorated.
The Manager Luke[ whose family owned the hotel] was very helpful especially with local knowledge tips etc.
Our rooms where fine although one [no45] was at the point where the bathroom probably need ed a refurb.
My wife and I's room No12 was fine with a refurbed bathroom and even a 4 poster bed! The grandchildren were intreaged by the bed and obviously wanted to sleep in it!
My wife and I will probably go back to Bournmouth again and use it as a base to explore the wonderful Jurassic Coast which lies west of the town.
If we do we will stay at the Burley again.
To end this review I would say visit the town when the airshow is on,it really is a wonderful [and free! ] spectacle.

Room Tip: If you are staying as a couple choose room 12
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family