“Excellent value for money”

The Trouville Hotel
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at The Trouville for a night last weekend and were really impressed by the cleanliness and standard of our room, considering the price. £60 was a real bargain for a comfortable bed, TV, bath with a good shower and cooked breakfast. The bar was also welcoming and a great place for an end-of-evening Baileys.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MrsSmith23dec

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Rainham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Would like to just add stayed at this Hotel for my birthday treat ,just for one night the hotel was very tidy and the bar area looked newish ,the reception was fine and the staff friendly Breakfast was good ,but weird to be served, most places are Buffet style now The room was freezing my husband sat on the end of the bed with his feet on the radiator, the only hot part of the room was the bathroom Room was in need of some TLC When I returned I spoke to our daughter about it she told me she would of put us off going there as she had stayed there a few years ago and said the same thing Hotel in need of some new radiators in the rooms Ideal location but will take Thermals next time Lift is a bit dated too no door just a gate going across !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Medwayshopper
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I was very surprised by the look of the hotel. Much better than I expected considering I paid £35 for single occupancy for one night. I was expecting a really run down hotel. In fact, what I found is a hotel with a dated decor, but everything was clean and working properly. It's old fashion, but I don't personally mind this as long as it's clean. And it was. I realised very quickly that the floors are creaking at every step, just like other reviewers said. So I feel sorry for the people who were sleeping under my room. I tried to keep the noise down but there isn't much you can do. You need to go to the bathroom and do your things while in the room. The hotel needs major refurbishment to fix this issue. The bathroom was simple and very clean. The water pump or whatever is behind the shower was very noisy and I am sure the neighbours could hear it. So, sorry about that, but there was nothing I could do about this either. However, the room next door must be some kind of family room and I could hear their children talking/shouting. So I can safely say I did not wake them up. All the floors in the corridors and stairs also creak, so when other guests come back late, you definitely hear them. It didn't bother me as I went to bed very late. I didn't hear any music from the nearby club, so the room I got was definitely a good one! so if you are a solo traveller or couple, ask for 314, it's quiet on that side, unless you have a noisy family next door.
It seemed odd to have the towel rail/warmer above the toilet... You have to be careful not to drop your towel in the toilet when you take it or dry your hands.
Detail... But it's little details that make this place good instead of very good or outstanding.
The TV bracket seemed a bit dodgy and the TV would not sit straight on it, but I don't go to hotels to watch TV. I went to Bournemouth to meet friends and see a show at the Pier Theatre, and this hotel did me just fine. It's minutes away from the BIC, the pier, the oceanarium, the beach... it's a great location, but beware, it's up a steep hill.
The reception staff was very nice and professional. I was very pleasantly surprised!! I would say the breakfast staff were not as good. They were polite. I was shown to my table and just told to go and help myself... but I wasn't shown where the hot food was or told where to find what. So I had to scan the room before I understood where to go first. It's not the end of the world, but it would be that little extra touch that is needed to make the stay outstanding rather than just good, if you see what I mean.
Again, it's just details. For the price I paid, I thought it was very good value and I will certainly go back to this hotel on my next trip to Bournemouth. I will also make sure I ask for a room on the 3rd floor because of the creaking floors!

Room Tip: 314 is on the top floor so you don't hear creaking floors above you and no noise from nearby clu...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Sandy H
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed there 5/6 Oct for the marathon weekend, The location was good but the Hotel was very disappointing! The floors squeaked above and below, disturbing every body who had to use the bathroom in the night! The dining room needed a good clean, we sat by the window and there were cobwebs in the corners and as the sun shone on the glass you could see how filthy they are. My son wife and 2 children stayed round the corner in a guest house and were made to feel very special, biscuits and hot chocolate for the children etc: for the 4 of them they paid less than my husband and self, we know were we will stay next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank margaret E
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As part of a group of 16 I stayed here for a hen weekend. The rooms were a good size and very clean although decor is in need of modernization. The lunch we had was fine and at breakfast was plenty to choose from. The pool was heated clean and well maintained. The staff were extremely helpful and the location is fab literally 5 mins into town centre. It is on a steep incline so not so good for those with difficulty walking. I would certainly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived on Sunday 22nd September and soon found that the hotel had squeaky floors and banging doors. The evening meals Sunday & Monday were not too good but following many complaints did improve. We had evening entertainment on 3 nights but on Wednesday the ballroom was closed to the coach party guests due to a conference in the hotel and on Friday there was no entertainment and again the ballroom was not available to the guests. We found the Dining room and Barstaff very helpful and the rooms were kept clean and tidy. The hotel is on a steep and very busy hill which was hard on some of the elderly guests and the noise went on till 3-4am in the morning. But we did make some very good friends which was very enjoyable

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wiltshire
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Trouville Friday 27th and Saturday 28th of September 2013.
We arrived at the Hotel about 11.30am and were told our room will be ready at 2 which is ok but it was hardly heaving with guests so I thought they could have made a bit of an effort to get it ready sooner. The guy on reception was excellent and always helpful. The room was a deluxe. ( Really? ) it was spacious enough but felt quite rundown with excellent views of the gutter surrounding the hotel. Breakfast was ok but it would have been nice to have known in what order we were doing it in. No communication from the all foreign staff. They were polite but it seemed to us as if they looked really miserable and bored. Just going through the motions of you like. And a choice of fry up or fry up. No porridge no other choice whatsoever. And the fruit juices had ice in. Why? It just waters it down. We did however use the pool on Saturday and that was a delight absolutely lovely. Would we go back again. Well the bedrooms need a make over. we'll see. Adrian & Cheryl Brindle

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple