My new wife and I have just had our wedding at the Hotel Miramar at Easter, and we could not have asked for better.
The Hotel as a venue was fantastic as we did take over a large proportion of it, we used all but one of their function rooms. The pre-wedding planning service was excellent as we did keep making those last minute changes. Everything on the day was perfect and just as we wanted it. It was comforting to know that everything was asked for and had spent a year planning was done with what seemed like very little effort, nothing was too much trouble for anyone.
The Hotel is rustic in decor and design, but we really felt that this added to the charm This is not to say that it looks in anyway shabby or run down, it is really well maintained and kept to a very high standard.
Thankfully the weather was on our side and so we were able to have our photos outside in the beautiful gardens and then after the wedding breakfast, one of the hotel porters drove us down to the beach for some more photos.
The food for the wedding breakfast was amazing. We were slightly concerned as we had only opted for a fairly basic menu, but it was really good, as were the bacon rolls we had for the evening buffet.
Most of our family stayed overnight and many stayed for 2 nights as they had come from up North and Scotland. All of the rooms we saw were of a really good size, comfortable, clean and well equipped. Each room was individual which made a really nice change from many modern hotels (the likes of Premier Inn for example)
All the staff were friendly and polite and an asset to the hotel. Special thanks must go to David, Theo, Jane and the rest of the team for making this such a special day for us which we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth