“Fantastic once again”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Miramar
Ranked #14 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Another quick review from me, as I've just had my second stay at the lovely Miramar.

It was even better than my last visit, this place just gets better and better.

Very pleasant staff; nothing was too much trouble. Food was great. There was a Jazz band out in the sea view gardens on the Thursday night. They've got a new terrace which is fab.

Wow. Really impressed. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Hotel Miramar

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I after a poor experience in another hotel in Bournemouth went to the Miramar for a drink, we were made welcome, despite being non residents and sat on a clean terrace and admired the flowers and the views. The service was very slow, our order was easy, a beer for my husband and a bitter lemon for me. Why it took 20 minutes to come is something to wonder at.
We enjoyed the view and the drinks. The hotel looks very well cared for and the staff pleasant.

Room Tip: we did not stay, but the overall appearance of the hotel, which has a country house type ambience wo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel was recommended by residents of Bournemouth because of its location, beautiful gardens and sea view. No problem with that. The admin - ie offering to meet me at the station and not; not having my room ready 3 hours after previous guests should have left; not responding, as promised, to a telephone request for something missing from my room; not servicing my room till after lunch, notwithstanding I was out all morning - was sadly lacking but worst of all was the appalling manner of the "Manageress" of the Breakfast/Dining room. Unlike all the hotels I have stayed in all over the world, I have never had to book a table for breakfast so assumed this was the same and chose a table in the otherwise empty (of guests) room. Instead of dealing with this in a professional manner, she was unpleasant and treated me as if I were something the cat brought in. My letters to the Manager and the Proprietress have gone unanswered. The other staff were very pleasant.

Room Tip: Don't be a single!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Alemap21
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friend and I make regular cream tea visits across Bournemouth and we have to say that the quality of the Miramar cream tea and the view on the decked area overlooking the sea was spectacular and a lovely way to start the summer holidays. Will be making another visit before the holidays end!

5  Thank Tammskie
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here to celebrate a friends birthday, the venue was perfect with a large function room with adjoining Bar area plus we could access the private garden, which in the July heat was a godsend.
The room was large and comfortable with a modern fitted bathroom including a huge walk in shower. Air conditioning was also a well received bonus.
The quintessential English custom of afternoon tea could be enjoyed on the lovely terrace overlooking the delightful well kept gardens and the sea beyond.
We were kept entertained after the party into the wee small hours by the lovely Night Porter John - originally from Scotland and great company to finish the evening off.
Up early the next morning to enjoy a beach stroll and dip in the sea took less than ten minutes down the slope towards the Pier
Breakfast menu had a good choice - Chef even supplying a vegetarian option on request which was served piping hot, the staff were always on hand to make sure everything was satisfactory - looking resplendent in their smart uniforms.
Even after checking out, the hotel made our stay special by allowing us to leave our car in the car park so that we could enjoy the joys of Bournemouth for a few more hours.
I would definitely return to the Miramar and have no hesitation in recommending the Hotel to others

2  Thank sandjmarch
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We attended a wedding at the hotel and booked to stay the day beforehand. Grounds are beautiful with palm trees and sea view it felt like we were abroad. Room was lovely with very modern bathroom and a huge bed. The staff are excellent and very friendly. We heard lots of stories from other guests about how they stay again and again. The hotel is very well situated above the beach which can be accessed by a short walk down a path which also brings you out at the edge of town or if mobility is a problem there is a lift two minutes away which takes you directly to the beach. We had one lunch at the hotel which was excellent as were the breakfasts. The hotel has a feeling of how hotels were run in days gone by as the staff make you feel extremely welcome and relaxed. The hotel is in no way old fashioned I felt like I was in an episode of Poirot but without the murder.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms have huge half moon shaped balconies
1  Thank Theresa C
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Enjoying this summer heatwave we decided to go out for supper by the sea and chose Hotel Miramar. They have re-vamped their decking area with very cosmopolitan rattan furniture and massive parasols, so there is extra seating where you can gaze out to sea. We were lucky that there was a golden sunset which reflected onto the sea and the purbecks, then the moonlight later on. Very romantic for a stroll back.

We enjoyed tempura prawns with fries (£10) and melon and parma ham which was served on a board and beautifully presented (£9) washed down with a chilled Sauvignon Blanc.

Not a massive menu, but on a hot evening something light was just right ( and good value).

What we didn't expect was live music which was a brilliant surprise. There was a classy jazz band playing, with a brilliant male vocalist. It was like being on the continent, enjoying a balmy evening, smooth music and the moon reflecting on the sea. Apparently they have live music on Tuesdays and Thursdays through the summer, so we'll be going back.

Only downside - the music stopped at 8.45 and we would have loved it to have gone on longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple