“Delightful!”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Wirral UK.
“Delightful!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have stayed at the Miramar for many years now each time for a week in May. Its a business trip so a busy week. I cannot praise the hotel enough, it is a haven for the week, the service is consistently good, the Management is excellent and the fact that they retain the same staff is testament to that. Our Company host a big party at the hotel each year and I have never been disappointed with their organisation and the quality of the food which has been a different theme each year. It is a pleasure to return each year, to walk through the door and see all the same friendly faces who simply cannot do enough for you. The food is first class and breakfast is freshly cooked to order. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked this Hotel following positive reviews from Tripadvisor. It could and should be a really nice Hotel. It has lovely grounds and is well located. Rooms are a big let down with a tiny bed with a mattress dating back to the coronation. Bedding reminded me of my chilhood, with wooly blanket and sheets. Surely this is rare in a Hotel nowadays.? Breakfast was quite nice and again in a really nice setting. I really need internet when I travel and this Hotel is supposed to have WIFI. The WIFI was down with no immediate chance of fixing it any time soon. There was no apology from the Hotel. I expalined that a lot of Hotels now charge for WIFI, "oh no Sir, ours i free" I was told. "but you don't have any" I replied and so it went on. I feel entitled to a discount for this loss of amenities, but gave up with the staff who were vague and looked like they had better things to do than talk to me. A real shame...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AndySilverfox7
New Forest
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have held three retirement lunches a year for several years at the Miramar and have always had excellent meals and service from the friendly staff. Our guests enjoy the location by the sea, and many enjoy a stroll along Bournemouth pier before or after lunch. Those coming from further away can stay for a short break and enjoy the other attractions in the area.

Room Tip: At popular holiday times (or conferences in Bournemouth) book early.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

What an absolute gem of a hotel , set on the sea front in full view of the ocean, it has beautiful gardens with comfy sunbeds. The terrace is a gorgeous place to sit and soak up the sun and view. We only stayed for one night, I am a really fussy person and this hotel was perfect , we had room 112 (sea view) and it was spacious and the bed was huge.
Breakfast was delicious and well presented.
Staff were extra polite , however the only negative was as we sat on the terrace a waiter ( young) was miserable and said he was stressed,I tried to get him to smile but he looked absolutely glum! We has a cream tea and it was fabulous!
Do not hesitate , book this hotel you will not be disappointed. I want to go back now, we paid £120 for a deluxe rm plus breaks. Ten times better than hotel suncliffe where we had stayed week previously, don't bother with that one its not a patch on the Miramar.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cookie6892
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

After a celebration of life which was held on 6th July, over 50 friends and family meet up for afternoon tea. The service was outstanding, Theo was a great help before the event and all the staff we could not fault- after a sad event it was so nice to arrive to see the staff smiling.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
West Molesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Had my daughter's Wedding Reception here on Saturday July 6th 2013. Because of this my wife and myself along with quite a few wedding guests stayed overnight. I really can't fault the reception, right from when we booked it months ago, the hotel's manager, David Bailey, along with his assistant, Brett, have been brillant.
The reception was decorated beautifully, the food was of top quality and everything went of without a hitch. My only small complaint about the wedding was the small bar for the evening part of the reception was initially manned by only one barman. I witnessed somebody paying by card and the barman having to wave the card machine in the air to get a signal so it worked. However a small word at reception and the problem was soon rectified, they soon staffed the bar with an extra barman.
After the reeption, went our room, bed was comfortable, shower was good, no complaints at all. Breakfast in the morning was nice, what there was of it. This is why my review is given 4 and not 5 stars. Yes you can fill yourself up with cereal, but if you order a Full English breakast and the largest item you get on your plate is your semi grilled tomato, its a bit of a let down.we had also had an issue on the day before the wedding when, the bride, myself, best man and two of the bridesmaids had lunch at the hotel. Most people ordered jacket potatoes with tuna or something similar, however my daughter just ordered a plain ham sandwich. Most people had got their potatoes and consumed most of them before my daughter got her sandwich and it had taken two enquiries by myself. Not particularly good service. However on the day of the wedding all the staff were exceptional!
On the Friday night, the night before the wedding, we stayed at the St Leonards Hotel.(see my review on that) We paid £72 less there than the Hotel Miramar, for all in all probably a marginally better experience. I appreciate you are paying somewhat for the location as you have fantastic sea views from the beautiful, well kept gardens.
Generaly a great experience, would I stay here again? Probably not, as there are cheaper options, but a good hotel nonetheless!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pieBournemouth
England, Hampshire
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We have just come back from a 2 night stay with friends at this 3 star hotel. The hotel itself is in a fantastic location; very near to the beach front. The gardens are immaculate and well maintained with beautiful flowers. Inside the hotel, it is very clean and well presented, although very dated. We did joke that it looked like an old people's home! Our rooms were located on the second floor and we had both booked a deluxe sea view. When we started to climb the stairs (there is a lift) to our rooms we all commented on how hot it was and our rooms were even hotter! One bonus is that it does have air conditioning, although ours was slightly temperamental. We did have to get a member of staff to come up and look at it and it had a wedge of cardboard holding the filter of the unit up. Once working, it worked well and we kept it on all night. We were very fortunate as had a hot weekend so were grateful of it, especially at night. I don't think we would have slept If we didn't have it.
Breakfast was ok; a selection of cereal, then a cooked breakfast and toast. We all felt the service needed to be improved. It was not busy, yet we waited to be seated and then had to ask for the milk to be replenished for the cereal etc. we also felt the majority of the staff at the hotel needed some people skills. There were no 'good mornings' or niceties they were just there, even when we checked out we were not asked how our stay was or whether there were any problems in the room. There were a couple of maintenance issues within the room but as we were not asked we didn't want to come across as moaning.
We spent afternoons and evenings before we went out to eat in the hotel and we were all drinking Magners cider. They did run out and made the effort to go out and get some more, knowing that was our drinking choice.
Unfortunately our friends had their car scuffed whilst in the car park and whilst they did have a look at the CCTV, unfortunately the van that was parked in front of it obscured the view! The hotel were very apologetic, but he still has a scuffed car!

• Stayed June 2013