Had my daughter's Wedding Reception here on Saturday July 6th 2013. Because of this my wife and myself along with quite a few wedding guests stayed overnight. I really can't fault the reception, right from when we booked it months ago, the hotel's manager, David Bailey, along with his assistant, Brett, have been brillant.
The reception was decorated beautifully, the food was of top quality and everything went of without a hitch. My only small complaint about the wedding was the small bar for the evening part of the reception was initially manned by only one barman. I witnessed somebody paying by card and the barman having to wave the card machine in the air to get a signal so it worked. However a small word at reception and the problem was soon rectified, they soon staffed the bar with an extra barman.
After the reeption, went our room, bed was comfortable, shower was good, no complaints at all. Breakfast in the morning was nice, what there was of it. This is why my review is given 4 and not 5 stars. Yes you can fill yourself up with cereal, but if you order a Full English breakast and the largest item you get on your plate is your semi grilled tomato, its a bit of a let down.we had also had an issue on the day before the wedding when, the bride, myself, best man and two of the bridesmaids had lunch at the hotel. Most people ordered jacket potatoes with tuna or something similar, however my daughter just ordered a plain ham sandwich. Most people had got their potatoes and consumed most of them before my daughter got her sandwich and it had taken two enquiries by myself. Not particularly good service. However on the day of the wedding all the staff were exceptional!
On the Friday night, the night before the wedding, we stayed at the St Leonards Hotel.(see my review on that) We paid £72 less there than the Hotel Miramar, for all in all probably a marginally better experience. I appreciate you are paying somewhat for the location as you have fantastic sea views from the beautiful, well kept gardens.
Generaly a great experience, would I stay here again? Probably not, as there are cheaper options, but a good hotel nonetheless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth