We have just come back from a 2 night stay with friends at this 3 star hotel. The hotel itself is in a fantastic location; very near to the beach front. The gardens are immaculate and well maintained with beautiful flowers. Inside the hotel, it is very clean and well presented, although very dated. We did joke that it looked like an old people's home! Our rooms were located on the second floor and we had both booked a deluxe sea view. When we started to climb the stairs (there is a lift) to our rooms we all commented on how hot it was and our rooms were even hotter! One bonus is that it does have air conditioning, although ours was slightly temperamental. We did have to get a member of staff to come up and look at it and it had a wedge of cardboard holding the filter of the unit up. Once working, it worked well and we kept it on all night. We were very fortunate as had a hot weekend so were grateful of it, especially at night. I don't think we would have slept If we didn't have it.
Breakfast was ok; a selection of cereal, then a cooked breakfast and toast. We all felt the service needed to be improved. It was not busy, yet we waited to be seated and then had to ask for the milk to be replenished for the cereal etc. we also felt the majority of the staff at the hotel needed some people skills. There were no 'good mornings' or niceties they were just there, even when we checked out we were not asked how our stay was or whether there were any problems in the room. There were a couple of maintenance issues within the room but as we were not asked we didn't want to come across as moaning.
We spent afternoons and evenings before we went out to eat in the hotel and we were all drinking Magners cider. They did run out and made the effort to go out and get some more, knowing that was our drinking choice.
Unfortunately our friends had their car scuffed whilst in the car park and whilst they did have a look at the CCTV, unfortunately the van that was parked in front of it obscured the view! The hotel were very apologetic, but he still has a scuffed car!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth