We went to the Miramar for Sunday lunch to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. There were 10 of us at the celebration ranging in age from 21 up to the birthday girl of 90. The 4 course lunch was amazing. I cannot eat 4 courses but had some of each and they were all wonderful. The service was certainly 4star although the hotel is only 3(i assume because there is no pool but the beach is opposite). We arrived early as mother wanted to sit out on the terrace and see the view. Lunch was served on time and there was never too long a wait between courses. After lunch we returned to the terrace/ garden and made use of the sun loungers as the weather was so hot and sunny. We felt we could have been abroad what with the sun, sea, palm trees and waiter service outside as well as in. Mother was so impressed that she intends to book a stay in the hotel as she now finds travelling further afield too much but likes to be waited on! Top marks Miramar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Hotel Miramar is an Edwardian building featuring Roman inspired pillars and curved balconies that overlook the sea and the landscaped gardens. Located less than a mile from Bournemouth town centre and offering free Wi-Fi and free private parking. The award-winning chef serves such delights as Tempura Prawns and Roasted Cannon of Lamb from the seaview restaurant, as well as a traditional Sunday lunch. Afternoon tea including sandwiches and scones are offered from the Ocean Bar and Terrace, as well as a lighter lunch menu. All rooms at the Miramar offer either sea or garden views and some room types feature large private balconies. All rooms include a flat-screen TV with Freeview, tea/coffee making facilities, as well as a seating area and a tiled en suite bathroom. Bournemouth Rail Station is located within a mile of the hotel and the sea front can be reached within 5 minutes on foot. Sandbanks, a popular and prestigious peninsula in England, is just a 15-minute drive away. This is our guests' favorite part of Bournemouth, according to independent reviews. This property is also rated for the best value in Bournemouth! Guests are getting more for their money when compared to other properties in this city. We speak your language! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Miramar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miramar Hotel Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Hotel Miramar
- Miramar Bournemouth