“two day break”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Kent, United Kingdom
“two day break”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Chine hotel, clean rooms, Lovely restaurant, good breakfast, lovely evening meals, very helpful staff , lovely gardens short walk to the beach quite a long walk to the centre but you can catch a bus come along every 3 minutes. good shopping centre.

Room Tip: higher floors for sea view
1 Thank Margaret J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My company had the pleasure of staying at the Chine Hotel the week of July 7th thru 13th. It has a charming atmosphere with beautiful gardens that we enjoyed daily. Leading from the Garden was a walkway down to the beach. The best part of the hotel however was the staff. In the morning we had a wonderful Breakfast and most evenings we had dinner in the dining room. We met the charming restaurant manager named Anna Muller. She showed such warmth and joy in everyone she met and talked with. You could tell that she loved people and her job. We also met several of the hostesses such as Teresa and Jazz plus others who I cannot recall their names but were all so courteous, friendly, and all took the time to talk with us. It was a joy getting to know these wonderful people and stay at this quaint and peaceful hotel. I will definitely come again and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 305 which looked down at the gardens and onto the beach. Couldn't have been a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
berkshire
Reviewed July 23, 2014

really nice hotel we stayed as it was my birthday and we had a voucher ALL OF THE STAFF WERE BRILLANT JOANNA ON RECP ! thank you so much for looking after mark and me , the resturant team a few names i rember Jaz, Anne marie , and abdul to name a few were lovely so friendly and really took pride in the service . the spa is nice hot tub outside is fab remember to push the blue button if you want bubbles! we were so chilled and had a lovely room overlooking the fab gardens! parking not great but there are spaces a little walk away but that is the only negitive .
thank you the team at the chine Mark and Me had a truly lovely stay

Room Tip: top room 321 get one facing the garden if you can
1 Thank cherryuk70
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My head office of my company is in Bournemouth so I have to make regular one night trips, I've yet to find a hotel that I like.

The Chine is no different, chintzy, dusty, old, creaky, blimmin expensive are a few words that spring to mind.

I left my booking late to try and get a good deal, they wanted to charge me £140 for a double room. Ridiculous.

The location is amazing because its right near the beach and it does have a pool (not that it was working when I stayed here)

I ended up in a fish finger bed (single room) with a dusty old fan because it was so hot. Not £70 odd quids worth in my opinion. It takes forever to be served on reception too.

I will not be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
london
Reviewed July 21, 2014

we got last room in hotel because there was wedding, room was much batter then what we expected, but bed was very small for 2 people so not really comfy.nice breakfast , and good bar.some problems with parking -not enough spaces. but rooms is with good refurbishment , hvae 2 very good pools -heated, have many things to do for kids

1 Thank Hani D
Caldicot, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We arrived approx 11.45 friday morning to ensure we had a parking space in front of hotel,timing it for when guests had checked out.room was ready for 2.15.room 301 was huge with a very large bed,setee in the room,massive bathroom and fantastic view down to Boscombe pier and the sea.we walked regularly down through the lovely mature gardens to the seafront and a lovely half hour walk into bournemouth.we also walked the opposite way as weather was so beautiful admiring all the beach huts on the sea front.we used outdoor pool twice and the water temp was glorious.gym was small and a little shabby but even though we didnt use it the indoor pool looked very inviting.dinner in the rest was very good and we had the 2 courses fror £14.95 each.breakfast was buffet which is usual these days but food was kept hot.the only thing we found a little strange was having to go and help ourselves to tea and coffee.drinks were reasonably priced at 4.50 for glasses of prossecco,1.50 diet coke and we had some fantastic strawberry mojiitos for 7.50 each.
public rooms ie reception,bar and rest were all very modern but the grand staircase carpet was threadbare in quite a few places.what a shame!there was a real mixture of ages with lots of families as good facilities for the little ones,quiet places in the lovely gardens for the mature custs to sit and we in our later forties felt v comfortable.we would return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
port talbot
Reviewed July 19, 2014

My wife andI have had a 3 night break at the chine,I was a little concerned by bsome of the comments I had read but I neednt have been, we were in the west wing room 36,fab views ofthe gardens,sea and pool.The staff were friendly,helpful and always willing to help,the breakfast was all you could wish for,would we go back,yes tommorow.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view,we did and got one.